Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Jeep Trails Colorado??????

Old 12-02-2009, 05:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Trails Colorado??????

Hey Everybody,

I am planning on taking my new jeep on some trails out in colorado summer of 2010. i was just wondering where the best trails would be for a stock 2010 jeep sahara. i was thinking around ouray and telluride (Engineers Trail, black bear, exc.) would you suggest anywhere else that would be a great time that would be a very scenic and beautiful drive possibley with some waterfalls or small river crossings.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Browse around TrailDamage and see what looks good. I've had my stock X on up to 4-rated trails, although that was a bit hairy on some obsticles.

I enjoyed Red Cone & Twin Cone this summer as well as many others. I plan to be out exploring a different trail most every weekend come June!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

+1 on TrailDamage.com
Old 12-03-2009, 07:19 PM
cfr
JK Freak

See this thread for additional resources,

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/four-corners-55/colorado-trail-recommendations-92163/
Old 12-13-2009, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've pushed my stock X on trails that are rated between a 5 to 7 depending on who's rating them. You can push your's on a 5 at least but don't do them alone. I'll do up to a 4 trail by myself but I have experience on them. I'm also setup to get myself out of trouble with recovery gear including a winch built into the stock bumper.

There are local clubs and people on here you could hook up with when you run some of the trails out here. First trail I did with my Jeep was Metberry Gulch. You can find it on Traildamage. It was in December and there was about 6 inches of snow on the trail. The stock SRAs handled it easily. I was surprised how well they did. Didn't even have regular tags on the Jeep before I got my first Colorado pinstriping.

Spend some time on traildamage and plan out what you wanna do.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Hello

Thanks for the Great Information!!! . I am going to be upgrading the jeep like crazy before i make the trip out there just to make sure there are no issues with clearance.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you want to run trails around Ouray, pick up the book by Charles A Wells, Colorado Backroads and 4 Wheel Drive Trails.

Normally I wouldn't recommend going out on a trail alone, but I make an exception to that rule for the trails around Ouray. Other than Poughkeepsie Gulch and Governor's Basin all the trails are rated easy to medium. During the summer four wheeling season there is a lot of traffic on those trails, so if you do need help someone will be by sooner rather than later. They turn the rental Jeeps loose and most of them go it alone so that gives you some idea of what to expect.

Others may disagree, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it....

Quick Reply: Jeep Trails Colorado??????