Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Jeep Wave?

Old 02-07-2012, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Wave?

Hey everyone I don't know about you guys but I can't help but notice the lack of jeep waves going on nowadays....... A few years ago when I had my last YJ it seemed like everyone waved but now with the latest boom of jeeps in the 4 corners area the jeep lifestyle isn't what it use to be. I don't know thats just my rant today.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:10 PM
JK Freak

My new rule... Wave at modified Jeeps and at those that initiate the wave. I sometimes catch myself waiving at soccer moms and they think I'm a milf hunter or something. Other times when I wave, I don't get one back. 98% of the time, I get waves back from modified jeeps. Hence my new rule.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here ya go buddy!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by G520
My new rule... Wave at modified Jeeps and at those that initiate the wave. I sometimes catch myself waiving at soccer moms and they think I'm a milf hunter or something. Other times when I wave, I don't get one back. 98% of the time, I get waves back from modified jeeps. Hence my new rule.
I have also adopted this rule.
I also find that less modded 4drs seem to wave back less, maybe it's more of a family/mall cruiser than used as a Jeep should be?
Old 02-07-2012, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by G520
If you only wave back at the one's who initiate it, how will noobs learn?
If you only wave back at the one's who initiate it, and they follow your same rule, then you've both missed an opportunity.

I wave at every Wrangler driver I see whether it be on City streets, opposite side of the highway, whatever. I do this whether I'm in my JK, Civic or on the CBR. I get some odd looks on those 2, especially the Civic.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

I always do the jeep wave to other wranglers or sometimes I like to change it up with a simple point. My girlfriend was with me one time and she saw me doing the wave to other jeeps and she thought I was crazy. Later that day she had to borrow my jeep, she comes back home with a huge smile saying that she had to wave like 10 times because people were waving haha made my night
Old 02-07-2012, 02:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Raiderfan001
If you only wave to modded Jeeps you are part of the problem imo. I wave at them all. If they don't wave back then oh well. Nothing to get bent out of shape about.
X2. I wave at every wrangler i see, even if i see its a soccer mom driving i still wave. Never get waves back but maybe after enough times theyll learn
Old 02-07-2012, 02:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Croce

X2. I wave at every wrangler i see, even if i see its a soccer mom driving i still wave. Never get waves back but maybe after enough times theyll learn
Agreed. The other day when I was driving this middle aged women driving was so excited about the jeep wave that she not only waved but she flashed her lights at me and she ended up next to me later that day and she had a big smile on her face. Gotta love it
Old 02-07-2012, 09:20 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the response guys, what originally got me going was a beautiful red lifted JK...... I waved my heart out for nothing haha. I feel like shoot we have wranglers, we gotta stick together haha. Old, new, modified or stock you pass me and I'll be waving like a fool haha
Old 02-08-2012, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

I wave to every jeep I see. I used I be in a scion club and we waved at every scion on the road. It seems that the wrangler has become very popular as a family vehicle and I dont think everyone knows about "the wave" hopefully I can get it to catch on around town.

Quick Reply: Jeep Wave?