Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

lift install in abq?

Old 03-08-2009, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift install in abq?

I wanna lift my 07 Rubi unlimited soon and was wondering if there was anyone in ABQ that could help me install it or tell me a place that would charge a reasonable fee to do it. I am looking at probally the Teraflex 2.5" kit. Thanks everyone

Jimmy
Old 03-09-2009, 05:08 AM
JK Junkie

Well I may be open may not depending on when you do it. Are you installing the BB or spring lift?
Old 03-09-2009, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I might be able to help as well depending on when. Either way, a TF 2.5" lift, spacers or coils, should be something you could do at home.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey, can we turn this into a lift party? I'm looking on doing the same thing to my 07 X with similar lift. I have no experience with installing a lift but I wouldn't mind lending a hand to gain some experience and learn how to do it. Let me know. Spring break is coming up in a couple of weeks and would be a good time for me.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:09 PM
JK Super Freak

I've installed two of these with glwood6. I could be of some assitance.

When you guys pick a date, I'll try to come down and lend a hand. Only condition is that we must immedeately go the the Puerco and try to break it...er I mean test it out.

FYI - You need aftermarket wheels or wheel spacers for the TF 2.5" kit. The new rear sway bar bolts will rub on the stock rims.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:21 PM
JK Junkie

Ya you guys want to get a lift install party going I would be up for something like that. Just getting everyone together will be the hard part.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

I am in for a lift party. Now that I've had experience thanks to Gokracer1. Let me know.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shredX
I've installed two of these with glwood6. I could be of some assitance.

When you guys pick a date, I'll try to come down and lend a hand. Only condition is that we must immedeately go the the Puerco and try to break it...er I mean test it out.

FYI - You need aftermarket wheels or wheel spacers for the TF 2.5" kit. The new rear sway bar bolts will rub on the stock rims.

thanks for the FYI shredX and the offer to lend a hand, I was hoping to run stock rims with the lift....don't feel like running the spacers, looks like I'll have to budget in some aftermarket rims and spend more money....rio puerco afterwards...definitely
Old 03-09-2009, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like we got a helpful crew developing what's everyone's schedule? are weekends best? anyone got any suggestions for best place to get aftermarket wheels? i guess i'll need to replace my stock ones.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

what lift does everyone recommend or recommend to avoid lol. I do not have an unlimited budget but would rather pay a little more for something that is worth it if there is a big difference. I got wheel spacers today so I am good to go on that just gotta pick a lift and order it up

Quick Reply: lift install in abq?