Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

lift install in abq?

Old 03-09-2009, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from what I've read on the forum everyone seems to like Teraflex a lot. It seems most people prefer a suspension lift instead of a body lift. Northridge has some good pricing on 2.5" teraflex lifts between 400 and 600 depending on if you stick with stock shocks or buy new ones. They also offer free shipping which is nice. OME lifts I've noticed are also popular and get good quality ratings. The 2" OME lift might be a good choice. From what I've read it's economical and dependable and yields closer to a three inch lift when all is said and done. Where did you get your wheel spacers at and how much did you spend if you don't mind saying? I might go that route even though it makes me a bit nervous to run them.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got the wheel spacers for a good deal off of the for sale section. I like the look of the stock wheels and they will get the job done til i get some wheels I like. I have been leaning to the Teraflex kit myself but I hear good things about the OME but from what I can tell cost more. What does everyone suggest on the Teraflex should I get the kit with the shocks or just the shock adapters?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 4drRubi
I got the wheel spacers for a good deal off of the for sale section. I like the look of the stock wheels and they will get the job done til i get some wheels I like. I have been leaning to the Teraflex kit myself but I hear good things about the OME but from what I can tell cost more. What does everyone suggest on the Teraflex should I get the kit with the shocks or just the shock adapters?
Well I have the Fulll TF package on my rig. See my profile for all the details but its all under there. I am very happy w/ how it came out. I know they say the 2.5 coil is a great lift. But both frankenstunk and 505JK fun the 2.5BB and then seem to work out well to. I have not wheeled w/ frankenstunk, but have a few times w/ 505JK and lets just say a BB does not mean your rig is NOT capable in anyway. It all comes down to what you want, and what you want to spend...

Weekends are better for me by the way...
Old 03-09-2009, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gokracer1
Well I have the Fulll TF package on my rig. See my profile for all the details but its all under there. I am very happy w/ how it came out. I know they say the 2.5 coil is a great lift. But both frankenstunk and 505JK fun the 2.5BB and then seem to work out well to. I have not wheeled w/ frankenstunk, but have a few times w/ 505JK and lets just say a BB does not mean your rig is NOT capable in anyway. It all comes down to what you want, and what you want to spend...

Weekends are better for me by the way...
Gokracer1, your setup looks great in person too! ah, so many decisions, so little money, lol. Just found out I owe about $600 in taxes this year which doesn't help.

weekends work well for me too

need sleep now....
Old 03-09-2009, 08:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nmwranglerx
Gokracer1, your setup looks great in person too! ah, so many decisions, so little money, lol. Just found out I owe about $600 in taxes this year which doesn't help.

weekends work well for me too

need sleep now....
Thanks!

Ya me to...
Old 03-12-2009, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey any developments on the lift kit, 4drRubi? Did you order yet? I'm still on the fence between OME 2" HD lift and Teraflex 2.5 coil lift w/shocks. They are both about the same price. I don't know if the OME kit comes with everything needed. The TF kit does. The TF kit is on backorder right now however which would mean a longer wait, possibly a month I'm not so crazy about the yellow color shocks that come with the OME lift. I've come real close to ordering it however, as I've read many people love their OME lifts. Just checkin' in.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

No I havent ordered yet. I too am leaning more towards the Teraflex lift thats on back order over the OME. I am gonna try and pick something this week and order but right now thinking Teraflex 2.5" coil with shocks
Old 03-15-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would be willing to help if you would like. I'm running the Teraflex BB with shocks and love this setup! Works great. I am always free on Sundays.

Let me know

Ken
Old 03-15-2009, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is there any reason that u went with the bb over the coils Ken? I would love to see your rig sometime mine is all stock same color rubi
Old 03-15-2009, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

lift kit ordered and on it's way After much debating I decided to go with 2.5" RC coil lift. It seemed to fit my needs and the value (priced at half of what the TF kit costs) I couldn't pass up. I also ordered some TF quick discos. i'll be out of town next weekend but i'm thinking on installing on March 29th. From what i've researched the kit doesn't seem hard to install but anyone who has experience and is willing to lend a hand would be much appreciated. i'm still wondering if i'm going to need wheel spacers to run the stock rubi wheels and tires. some say yes, some say not until i get bigger tires. that will be a little ways down the road. anyways I'm totally stoked about the lift and cant wait to install.

Quick Reply: lift install in abq?