Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Looking for a good place to camp in Colorado

Old 06-02-2010, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a good place to camp in Colorado

Just decided to drive up to colorado dot 4th of July weekend to go camping. We are going to drive through Denver and pick up our friends from Cali at the airport. That is all we have planned. We are up for anything from there and need some advice. Rocky mtn nat park is an option but thought Breckinridge might be good too. All the imput I can get would be greatly aprieciated
Old 06-03-2010, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I'd do that again...
Just decided to drive up to colorado dot 4th of July weekend to go camping. We are going to drive through Denver and pick up our friends from Cali at the airport. That is all we have planned. We are up for anything from there and need some advice. Rocky mtn nat park is an option but thought Breckinridge might be good too. All the imput I can get would be greatly aprieciated
Hmmm July 4th is a tough weekend to camp if you plan to go to a site. If you want to go to Rocky Mountain Natl park there are some campgrounds that aren't reservation based. I can't remember off hand. Make sure you call the ranger and find out about the status of the campgrounds as to how devistated they are by the pine beetle. The further South you go the less devistation by the pine beetle. Buena Vista area is beautiful if you don't mind driving a little ~ 3.5 hours of Denver.

Guanella Pass, Tourquois Lake/Rudy Reservoir, both of these have campgrounds that require reservations or don't if you just want to wing it. There are a ton at Guanella Pass and it is pretty close to Denver.

Quick Reply: Looking for a good place to camp in Colorado