Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Ouray colorado july 4th any suggestions?????

Old 05-29-2010, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip, and I checked the Riverside Inn web site. It's very spartan and expensive for what you get. I don't expect a 3 or 4 star hotel, but I always look for a clean, comfortable place to sleep that serves a decent breakfast, such as a Best Western, Comfort Inn etc.

Last edited by AZ Outlaws; 05-29-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:21 PM
JK Super Freak

RENTED A HOUSE IN OURAY!!! cost about 175 a night but with the kids I figure being able to cook my own meals will pay for it self........ breakfast and dinner... cant cook in a hotel and feeding four gets expensive.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:33 PM
JK Super Freak

We’re planning to “rough it” in our tent at the KOA in Ouray. The price is definitely right, but our tent certainly doesn’t have the room size and comfort of a hotel room, and we have to walk to the bathrooms. We’re planning to be on the trails most of the day, and just coming back to the tents at night to sleep. We’re thinking that we’ll be eating most of our meals on the trails or in restaurants, though we can always eat at the KOA.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

My wife and kids stayed at the koa last year and loved it...i was stuck working.... tents are just not for me!!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
My wife and kids stayed at the koa last year and loved it...i was stuck working.... tents are just not for me!!!!
I know what you mean! If the weather is OK and we’re on the trails most of the time the tents will be great. If the weather is bad and we’re kept off the trails then a hotel would be a lot better. We’ll see…
Old 06-02-2010, 08:40 PM
JK Super Freak

When are you going????
Old 06-06-2010, 08:28 PM
JK Freak

A pretty good size group from work will be going at the end of July. Five days of wheeling and hanging with buddy's....and wives too. We stayed at the Box Canyon Inn the 1st time. It was nice. Others in our group stayed at the KOA w/their RV. It was very nice. We BBQ'd there with them.

I am so taken with the area! It's a yearly trip for us...and we haven't gotten tired of it yet!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Silveton Ouray

We will be up there the 1st - 5th of July. We spend every year up there at this time. We are from Farmington and know the area very well. I dont know what all we are running but anyone interested in joining us just let me know. Our jeep club is also going to be up there so it will be a blast. Our reservations are at the KOA at the end of town. Less than a month away. I cant wait.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Its almost time!!!!! Thank you all for the great advice hope to see some of you up there!!!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Silverton Ouray

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
Its almost time!!!!! Thank you all for the great advice hope to see some of you up there!!!!!

We are headed up saturday(26th) to do a moonlight Alpine Loop run with the Creeper Jeepers. I was up there last week and the weather was awesome. I will keep you guys posted.

WHo all is going to be up there for the weekend of the 4th. We are going to do Bullion King one day and take the hike up to the lake on top. If you have never done that one it starts on the same road as Blackbear. It is really pretty up there. The scenery is sick. I have done everything in the area and it is one of my favorites. Great waterfalls and some really narrow roads with some wheeling. We are staying at the KOA with some friends. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Quick Reply: Ouray colorado july 4th any suggestions?????