Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 08-05-2012, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jknockers
I'm on the other side of the world, Saudi, workin for United Technologies as a field Engineer on some military hardware we sold them, got bored just sittin around starin out the window, something to do and the money's good, so I thought, what the heck, why not.
Well damn nice to finally hear from you again, Tim. We thought you short tipped a waitress in South Phoenix and were planted out in the middle of desert somewhere...

So, Let me picture this, Tim in Saudi as a field engineer working on military hardware? Hmmm?... Let me ask you - did they let you take your Sawzall and cutting tourch with you? The first thing that comes to mind, is a crap load of cut-off parts laying around the Saudi desert right now...

Well, good of you to check in Tim - be safe... See ya soon.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AhMyGawd
Well damn nice to finally hear from you again, Tim. We thought you short tipped a waitress in South Phoenix and were planted out in the middle of desert somewhere...

So, Let me picture this, Tim in Saudi as a field engineer working on military hardware? Hmmm?... Let me ask you - did they let you take your Sawzall and cutting tourch with you? The first thing that comes to mind, is a crap load of cut-off parts laying around the Saudi desert right now...

Well, good of you to check in Tim - be safe... See ya soon.
Come on man, you know I'm a fair kinda guy,,, I always give em what their worth,,, to me that is,, anyway, yeah I got bored,, believe it when someone says you'll get bored if ya retire and just sit around all day,, goin to the gym and wheeling every now and then just doesn't cut it. I'm goin back to the area I was at before for 10 years, same place, different company, different job, got a few different opportunities that were and still are presented to me over in that part of the world,,, but gonna stay outta the war zones, did those already, that's not good duty, no matter what the pay is,,, so I figured I'll work in the neighboring countries and find myself something to fill my day. It's a new program, with what looks like a long future ahead of it. Anyway will still be lurking around and watchin you all,,,,, you all try to keep it rubber side down and off the lid. Talk to ya'll later.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jknockers
Come on man, you know I'm a fair kinda guy,,, I always give em what their worth,,, to me that is,, anyway, yeah I got bored,, believe it when someone says you'll get bored if ya retire and just sit around all day,, goin to the gym and wheeling every now and then just doesn't cut it. I'm goin back to the area I was at before for 10 years, same place, different company, different job, got a few different opportunities that were and still are presented to me over in that part of the world,,, but gonna stay outta the war zones, did those already, that's not good duty, no matter what the pay is,,, so I figured I'll work in the neighboring countries and find myself something to fill my day. It's a new program, with what looks like a long future ahead of it. Anyway will still be lurking around and watchin you all,,,,, you all try to keep it rubber side down and off the lid. Talk to ya'll later.
Good hearing from you Tim...how long are you planning on staying out there, and what did you do with your Jeep?
Old 08-06-2012, 12:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by awesomo
Good hearing from you Tim...how long are you planning on staying out there, and what did you do with your Jeep?
Well, that'll all depend on what goes on over in Saudi, sometimes these contract jobs are a really good deal and sometimes ya bite off on something ya wish ya would have passed up. It's a new project with new equipment so usually those initial contracts are for years then with a follow-up for the same amount of time as the initial contract. As far as the jeep, it's restin it's bones in storage. No problem, jeeps get better with age. Remember, I had a Toyota 4x4 truck that lived in storage for 10 years while I was in Saudi from 91-2001, all was good when I got it out.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:53 PM
JK Freak

Default PHOENIX JK's

Originally Posted by Rde2Rok
Hey guys check out the group site FS thread D44s
Still up!
Old 08-07-2012, 05:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4
SEPTEMBER M&G

September 1st

SanTan Brewing Company
8 South San Marcos Place
Chandler AZ 85225

6:30pm to .......

Website
SanTan Brewing Company | Craft Beer For Beer Drinking

FB Page (please add your name to list and feel free to invite other Jeepers to page). Ive contacted SanTan and working on a possible discount, but no promises

Eastside M&G
Old 08-07-2012, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

East Side! Yesss.... I just wish the place was at Uncle Bears (Germann & Dobson) where they will allow you to reserve patio seating specifically for the Jeep clubs. Plus the big ass dirt parking lot where only 4wd vehicles can park makes for an easy Jeep lineup atop the dirt hill.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Skumbag
East Side! Yesss.... I just wish the place was at Uncle Bears (Germann & Dobson) where they will allow you to reserve patio seating specifically for the Jeep clubs. Plus the big ass dirt parking lot where only 4wd vehicles can park makes for an easy Jeep lineup atop the dirt hill.
I agree with Skumbag...the parking situation at San Tan is a bit hectic, especially when it gets busy. The parking at Uncle Bears is perfect for us....
Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

37s on...

I know, I know.... terrible picture, but you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120807-00037.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	351074  
Old 08-07-2012, 08:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SEPTEMBER 1st M&G

Meet Time
6:30pm to .....

Uncle Bear's Bar & Grill

Location Website
Uncle Bear's Bar and Grill

Address
1980 West Germann Road
Chandler AZ 85286

This location is final and WILL NOT be changed again

Please add yourself to the event on FB (feel free to invite others)

(click on FB link above)

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!