Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 05-16-2013, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D_engel
The heat is getting to me already. Ive been contemplating putting my doors back on.....
X2, tossed move on and just go to Red River for a few days of fishing and cool weather.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-17-2013, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with soft top

Has anyone had any problems with wind noise with the soft top. Had my top off the last month and just put it back on and now I'm getting wind noise on passenger side. All windows are in correctly, clicking in place like it should but passenger side latch above windshield is loose. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-17-2013, 11:47 PM
JK Newbie

Nothing ever goes back the way it did from the factory, kinda why I've been reluctant to take the whole top off yet.... Just installed the boom mat today so I wanna see how that keeps the cab
Old 05-18-2013, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GrantSt JK
Has anyone had any problems with wind noise with the soft top. Had my top off the last month and just put it back on and now I'm getting wind noise on passenger side. All windows are in correctly, clicking in place like it should but passenger side latch above windshield is loose. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Pretty common, along with the leaks around the front of the door. With me is seems to come and go. With mine it sometimes helps to run the vent fan with everything buttoned up. It creates a positive pressure that helps reduce both the wind noise and the flapping from the top.

I recall some write ups from a few years ago in that section of the forum, but you'll need to search or dig to find them. I think they were basically just adding some additional weather stripping to the channel where the front of the top goes.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you take the door surrounds off? I always have trouble getting them back on in the right position. They are pretty simple, but that is often the source of my wind noise.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have taken top off many times with no trouble, only difference this time is the rubber bumper in windshield clamp broke off. Wondering if that could effect anything. Saw posts about weatherstrip, don't want to do that. And no I left surrounds on for bikini top.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys for all advice, have any of you heard of replacing front rail of top? Seems like clamp isn't as tight.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone planning anything fun for Memorial Day weekend?
Old 05-19-2013, 09:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys for all advice, have any of you heard of replacing front rail of top? Seems like clamp isn't as tight.
Ace sells replacement rubber bumpers that fit in the latch. Pull one out of the factory latch and go buy a rubber bumper with a thinner profile. It will allow the latch to close more tightly and may help resolve your issues.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:39 PM
JK Super Freak

June M&G try to make it out should be a good one!!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/607543799255938/

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!