Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Tucson Crew B.S Say Anything Thread!!

Old 01-16-2012, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2008fx4
jkennedy - hope that exhaust wasnt too bad on the drive home!!

new wheels are on......
What Wheels/rims are those?
Old 01-18-2012, 12:38 AM
JpX
JK Newbie

Ok have a housing on the way but I'm pretty sure I will need at least a passenger side axle shaft. So again if anyone knows of one let me know pls.

Here are the pics as promised.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120118_023622.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	266336

And before the problem

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120118_023811.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	266337

Last edited by JpX; 01-18-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JpX
Ok have a housing on the way but I'm pretty sure I will need at least a passenger side axle shaft. So again if anyone knows of one let me know old.

Attachment 266336

And before the problem

Attachment 266337
Wow, thats no joke... That's a pretty rare break. That sucks man. I'll keep on the lookout
Old 01-18-2012, 05:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JpX
Ok have a housing on the way but I'm pretty sure I will need at least a passenger side axle shaft. So again if anyone knows of one let me know pls.
Damn! I was wondering why your JK was sitting with both front tires facing inward so much... Bummer. Oh, BTW... I live just around the corner from you (Seldon Pl). If ya ever need a hand, just holler.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:19 PM
JK Newbie

Hi everybody! Thought I'd pop in from AR to say howdy. I'm almost done with training out here and I should be home the first week of April. I've done a few trips out to the Superlift ORV park out here and it's been a blast. There's some retarded obstacles out here and the lime stone is stupid slick. I'm glad I slapped mud grapplers on my rig before I came out here. I've been knocking out some projects on the Jeep since I've been out here. I'm in the process of installing my PSC ram steer kit and my Poison Spyder corners are at the powder coaters as we speak. Slapped on some Reid Knuckles a couple months ago, which I recommend to everybody if you come across some extra cash. I also installed front and rear Antirocks, which I don't know how i lived without. I was about to finally pull the trigger on a Rubicrawler but decided to hold off until I'm completely done with the ram steer. I'm going to be leaving Tucson again in June and heading to New Mexico for 5 months. I'm going to be making multiple trips to Moab and Colorado while I'm out there. I have to take full advantage of being 6.5 hours from Moab and apparently I'll have a lot of down time while I'm in NM. So let me know if anyone's down for doing a trip up north.
I hope everyone is doing well and I'll be seeing y'all on the trail in April. BTW, PM me if anyone needs a front bolt-on, axle mounted track bar bracket, a rubicon express rear track bar bracket, front and rear rubicon express track bars, or rear extended brake lines. Take it sleazy T-town crew
Old 01-18-2012, 09:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JpX

Attachment 266336

And before the problem

Attachment 266337
Hit up Mike at Crossed Up, he probably has some front axle shafts to get you through until you pull the trigger on some RCV's and inner sleeves
Old 01-19-2012, 12:00 AM
JpX
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ken Jong Il
Hit up Mike at Crossed Up, he probably has some front axle shafts to get you through until you pull the trigger on some RCV's and inner sleeves
Good idea, I am probably going to need him to re-set up my front ring and pinion anyway. Sleeves and an axle truss are already on the way.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:27 AM
JpX
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jkennedy
Which sleeve and truss kit did you decide to go with. Has anyone heard anything about the nitro sleeves. I heard if you use the right tool they seem to work pretty well. Any thoughts.
I'm going with the nitro sleeves and the pure jeep back bone truss, so I will let ya know what I think. I've heard nothing but good about them.

The back bone is probably overkill but I would much rather replace an axle shaft than this housing again.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:39 PM
JpX
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 97jeeperdrummer
Are these the same sleeves that are hammered in, and not welded?
Yep I would get the weld-in's but their strength depends on the quality of the welds...my welding skills are anything but quality.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JpX
I'm going with the nitro sleeves and the pure jeep back bone truss, so I will let ya know what I think. I've heard nothing but good about them.

The back bone is probably overkill but I would much rather replace an axle shaft than this housing again.
Overkill would be sleeves and the PJ back bone. Rockrawler makes a front axle truss as well. If my axle tube snaps it just gives me an excuse to get a new axle housing built with Dana 44 ends so I can still use all the JK electronics and not pay a small fortune for it all. Try shopping around for a Dynatrac 44 housing or Terflex's new housing.

Last edited by Moochie; 01-19-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Blacklisted manufacturer

Quick Reply: Tucson Crew B.S Say Anything Thread!!