Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Tucson Crew B.S Say Anything Thread!!

Old 01-29-2012, 02:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be able to go.., it will be last minute decision if I go at all. I do how ever want to run manfeild again but go and do the whole trail upper and lower.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I will lead the group.. No crying allowed.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

James u know ill follow....I just gotta see if I got the 300 dollars for gas for the weekend.....living in sierra Vista sucks
Old 01-29-2012, 08:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RockWraith
I might be able to go.., it will be last minute decision if I go at all. I do how ever want to run manfeild again but go and do the whole trail upper and lower.
Hay, when you run Mansfield stop and get my hot dog stick where we did our cookout will ya? I guess I left them up there....
Old 01-30-2012, 08:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK_Sport
James u know ill follow....I just gotta see if I got the 300 dollars for gas for the weekend.....living in sierra Vista sucks
You need to "go blue!" obviously the Army doesn't pay you enough. I know you're being sarcastic, but a trip to Florence is always a good investment.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

After giving some thought and some prodding from Joe and ken, I'm about 70% sure I'm goin. Tax return should be in by then and should ne good
Old 02-02-2012, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkennedy
Hope you do, if you and james come that will make 7. Hope you make it. Will be working on the jeep friday eve if your around. Shound have the new evo jk rear d-ring mounts by then.
Alright need some troubleshooting help..... i noticed today while driving a clicking noise from front end. It sort of sounds like a gallop. bada da bada da bada da.....the faster i go the faster it goes but never really gets any louder. When I stop it stops. Any ideas? Kinda worried to drive it this weekend.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:28 PM
JpX
JK Newbie

Default inch pound torque wrench

I'm just about done getting my axle back together but I didn't realize how difficult it would be to find a inch pound torque wrench (beam style). I drove all over town today looking for one with no luck. I'd like to get it buttoned up this weekend. If anyone has one I could borrow or knows where i can pick one up let me know. I just need it to set the preload on my pinion bearings.

By the way Nitro axle sleeves get the from me. Just make sure you get them in while the axle tube is clean. Here in AZ we don't really need to worry about rust, but the housing I got was from the northeast so it had a little rust in the tube. Didn't realize how bad it was until i got the short side in too far to back out. About 3 hours of banging later it was in! For the long side I ran a wire wheel, with a long homemade extension, through the tube. After that it was only 10 minutes of pounding and done. If your jeep hasn't seen salty roads the sleeves will tap in with minimal effort if you freeze the sleeve and heat the housing prior to install.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:36 PM
JpX
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK_Sport
Alright need some troubleshooting help..... i noticed today while driving a clicking noise from front end. It sort of sounds like a gallop. bada da bada da bada da.....the faster i go the faster it goes but never really gets any louder. When I stop it stops. Any ideas? Kinda worried to drive it this weekend.
Check the front drive shaft and make sure it has plenty of grease. If you have aftermarket shafts make sure you are greasing the center ball of the joint near the x-fer case. You'll need a needle fitting for your grease gun to get to it. Mine made the same noise which then turned into a loud roar when the joint finally gave up. It sounded like it was coming from the front suspension area until I hung out of the door while my wife drove up and down the street.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:40 PM
JK Freak

So wish I could join in this weekend, but already had tix purchased for the Ralphie May stand-up show in Phoenix. I recall pics from the last Elvis trip and definitely want to go and play on all of the rocks. Have fun, and like James said, no crying. Over the obstacles and not around them. I wanna see pics and vids bitches! \m/

Quick Reply: Tucson Crew B.S Say Anything Thread!!