Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Visiting Rockford CO.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Visiting Rockford CO.

Ill be in Rockford co in Oct. with my wife visiting my parents and will have their cherokee to go exploring with. Its not my JK but at lest its a jeep. Can someone tell me a few good places to go like gost towns and other cool spots.The good spots not the ones that show up in google. I fond a few places to rent jeeps and their trail rides but we all know the good places only the locals know and I thought it would be nice to meet some of the JK people out their and see how you wheel.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was trying to find a Rockford CO and it was vague are you visiting Rocky Ford CO?? Only other place that was showing was near Denver? But if your looking for trails on your own you can check out traildamage.com
Old 04-29-2011, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

It's about 2hrs south of you I'm flying into co springs we are looking at doing a few day trips. I cheeked out that web site thank-you. I found a few jeep rental also
Old 04-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Nav
JK Newbie

Hi fab1, I'm guessing you mean Rocky Ford...I'm in Pueblo about 40 minutes west of Rocky Ford and 40 min south of the Springs. Hit me up when you get here and I'll wheel something with you.

I'm pretty sure you can rent Jeeps in Ouray and by Lake Taylor and do Tin Cup pass and such, but I doubt the pass will be open as late as October, and Ouray is on the Western slope.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:06 AM
JK Newbie

Yes Rocky Ford. My sister said in Oct. their might be snow. But for the cost of 2 round trip tickets(I hate flying and all the jeep mods could have done) I want to go play on some rocks
Old 05-09-2011, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I live there. There is nothing exciting close to Rocky. I try to get out as often as possible. The closest trail is at least 2 hours away, on a good day.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

As small as that town is you might know my parents. They got a big RV sitting on the side of their house
Old 05-09-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I might, I really only know people with kids in school.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

My Mother volunteers at the Movie theater. We are spending the week out their and Ive been out there 3 times and my wife never been their and in 13 years when we retire I want to move out that way so I got to show her all I can in a week. Id like to see a few gost towns you know the ones were you have to do a little light wheeling to get to. we probably do the pikes peek thing and garden of the gods. hopefully a little more light wheeling.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

There is a fun trail to get to the Sand Dunes National Park that is not hard at all and you get in for free. It is about two hours from Rocky to the trail head. You could also go to the dinosaur footprints south of La Junta, no wheeling but a fun hike. I can't say about ghost towns never been to any, maybe this will give me an excuse to go to some, you know some research for a fellow jeeper. I think the wife will buy that.

Quick Reply: Visiting Rockford CO.