What do you sleep on in Jeep?

What do you sleep on in Jeep?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    JK Enthusiast

Default What do you sleep on in Jeep?

So over the past few years I have gone through prob about 5 air mattresses while sleeping in my jeep. They were the cheaper colemans that cost prob 30 bucks.

This year, I was going to try and find an alternative. What do you guys sleep on. My g/f has to be comfortable, so softness is key.

I wondered if maybe a better mattress would not puncture as easily? Or what are some alternatives?

I'm sorry, but HOW IN THE WORLD do you sleep in your Jeep?!?
    2012 JKUR
    Bright Silver, Manual Trans., 4:10, Hard Top,
    Blk. Katzkin Leather, Rocker Guards, Rock Hard Shorty Front Bumper,
    Fuel "Krank" wheels

1992 YJ Rock Crawler

Previous Wranglers
    '09 JKUX, '06 Unlimited, '92 Renegade, '95 YJ, '75 CJ

JK Enthusiast

haha ive slept in every jeep ive had (2 wranglers and a liberty)

Just fill up the air mattress and it contours to the back of the jeep *(seat folded down)

Climb in and count sheep. I almost always have a girl in there with me, I think there is plenty of room. Plus it saves setup and tear down of tents, protects you from weather and from animals intent on either eating you or making you itchy.

...I hope you have a 4 door haha
    2012 WRANGLER SPORT

• 17" FLAT BLACK WHEELS
    • COOPER A/T TIRES
    • HELLA HEADLIGHTS
    • 64 L.E.D. FOG LIGHTS
    • CLEAR CORNERS & SIGNALS
    • TAIL LIGHT GUARDS
    • MOPAR BUG GUARD
    • RAMPAGE NERF BARS
    • CUSTOM BOOMERANG TIRE COVER
    • ANTENNA X
    • VOLANT POWERCORE INTAKE
    • MBRP GRILLE GUARD

JK Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbrder086 View Post
    ...I hope you have a 4 door haha
    haha ya I do, I do know people on exped forums that sleep in 2 doors however.

I know there is hundreds of people on here that sleep in there jeep while camping.

Since I switched to a self-inflatable sleeping pad (not an air mattress), I will never go back to air mattresses. These pads hold their air all night, and are very comfortable. They self-inflate enough when you unroll them, that you could probably sleep on them as-is, but I spend another 15 seconds to puff them up nice and firm.

I got the REI 3.5" sleeping pad- you can go thinner, but my 38-year-old spine thanks me for this. I can set this right on a rock (I actually slept outdoors on concrete with this pad and woke up refreshed).

REI Camp Bed 3.5 Self-Inflating Pad

They also sell a cheap kit that straps one pad to a second pad, making a dual sleeper if you have a companion. Just keeps the pads from sliding apart. My girl and I have identical pads and sleeping bags which zip together so it's easy to go solo or make a big bed for the two of us.

JK Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by jahbone View Post
    Since I switched to a self-inflatable sleeping pad (not an air mattress), I will never go back to air mattresses. These pads hold their air all night, and are very comfortable. They self-inflate enough when you unroll them, that you could probably sleep on them as-is, but I spend another 15 seconds to puff them up nice and firm.

I got the REI 3.5" sleeping pad- you can go thinner, but my 38-year-old spine thanks me for this. I can set this right on a rock (I actually slept outdoors on concrete with this pad and woke up refreshed).

REI Camp Bed 3.5 Self-Inflating Pad

They also sell a cheap kit that straps one pad to a second pad, making a dual sleeper if you have a companion. Just keeps the pads from sliding apart. My girl and I have identical pads and sleeping bags which zip together so it's easy to go solo or make a big bed for the two of us.
    Those seem nice, I read the reviews that all said they were great, however $250 for 2 pads is a little more than I would want to spend.

I just went camping and was able to fit a single size matress in the back. Never slept so comfortably while camping
    you do need to move the front seats up all the way for it to fit nicely though
    14' JKU Auto

Teraflex 2.5" Coil Lift | JKS Adj Trackbar | 35" KM2s & 15" MB Razor | XRC Rock Rails | SRC Front Bumper | RR 8500 Winch | 4 Aux Lights | Under-Floor Storage

Any fool can know. The point is to understand

If used a futon mattress for my 2 door. I just put the back seats up and throw it back there.. I do this for when I'm fishing at night in the hunting club. Works for me!!

I just recline my seat....My dog Otis gets the back to himself.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast