Notices
GPS & Geocaching If you're looking for information regarding GPS or are interested in Geocaching, this is the forum for you.

Android app to use coordinates out of, "Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-wheel trails"

Old 08-30-2012, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Android app to use coordinates out of, "Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-wheel trails"

Got the book, now I want to know if there are any map apps that are downloadable so I don't need data connection, and use my galaxy tablet 10.1 or galaxy S3. Then be able to download the way points off the books Web site, or manually put them in and name them (I.e. #2 on elephant hill, etc).

Any input? Trying to make it easier to navigate all the trails on Moab!

Thanks for your help!
Old 08-30-2012, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would suggest checking EveryTrail and see if there are some trails to download. It's in the Android App store.

You can upload your own trails or sownload trails that others have done - hiking, biking, canoeing or kayaking, off-roading, etc... Might be something there that interests you.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deeker
I would suggest checking EveryTrail and see if there are some trails to download. It's in the Android App store.
Thanks!
I downloaded it, and it has some of the Moab trails, but not all.

Does anyone know an easy way to download all the GPS coordinates off the fun treks site, and easily put them into EveryTrail? Or another app that has off line capabilities? I really like the look and feel of EveryTrail, so hopefully there is a way.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Try OruxMaps. I use it on my Acer a100. It lets you download maps from different sources for offline use.

I downloaded Topo Google Maps and they work great. You can import and export GPX files, etc.

Quick Reply: Android app to use coordinates out of, "Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-wheel trails"