Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

4wheeling at the Badlands NOV 15

Old 11-19-2009, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wheeling at the Badlands NOV 15

Went wheeling with some good friends at the Badlands on Sunday... sorry I didn't make Saturday with some of the other JK guys.

The Yellow Jeep is a TJ with 6" Rubicon Long arm, super charger, Dynatrac 60's, 38.5 super swampers and every possible upgrade you can imagine. He has 3000 miles on this jeep and has put probaby 50-75K into it. He wheels it hard too!

The white Cherokee has a D60/44 combo from a 79 F250 and has a detroit in the rear and is welded up front with a custom 8" leaf spring lift and 39.5" super swampers.

An you will all be happy to know my Jeep with little 37's went places no one else could go!!! Gotta love a JK!!!!

I posted a video and tons of stills here:

http://idealimpressions.smugmug.com/...18076006_CgCce

It was a great trip but I wheeled REALLY hard and broke 2 1350 ujoints on my rear driveshaft (must have came down on a rock!) and my HUGE front drag link bar (not sure how I did that!) Fixed the ujoints in minutes and kept wheeling... the steering bar broke at the end of the day so it was back on the trailer!!!

Ok, there are way more photos on the website so make sure you click the first link above!!!
Old 11-19-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

As always sick jeep and awsome photos man........dude i wanna ride in that beast when you go up some of those rock walls.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Warlock13
As always sick jeep and awsome photos man........dude i wanna ride in that beast when you go up some of those rock walls.
Yea, I was hinking of you when we went, I was in Indy the day before and we drove up from there! Let me know when you want to go and I'll meet you there!
Old 11-20-2009, 03:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very very cool video! I like all of the effects - what editor has all those? I am ready to replace my Pinnacle Studio software because it sux.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:38 AM
JK Freak

Ryan,
Awesome Photo's Great looking Jeep! Well Done
Old 11-25-2009, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the compliments... Video editing... I use alot of different stuff. Final Cut Express is a KIller simple program if you have an apple. The imovie stuff is pretty good too especially the newest version and the old version HD6! Skip the in between ones!

After effects gives you some sool stuff.

Microsoft Photostory is super easy to mix pictures to look like video and animoto is alot of fun too but costs money if you use it regularly.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome photos again Ryan ...thanks for sharing !!

Quick Reply: 4wheeling at the Badlands NOV 15