Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Canadians going to Bundy Hill - Saturday, June 4th

Old 05-30-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadians going to Bundy Hill - Saturday, June 4th

If anyone is interested in joining us, a group of about 10 JKs from Windsor are heading to Bundy Hill this Saturday, June 4th for the day. None of us have been there before, and about half the group has never taken their rigs offroad (mostly stock, or lightly modified), so we're looking to have some fun, but won't be doing anything too crazy, or with a high risk of damage.

If that sounds of interest to you, and you're able to go, shoot me a pm with your email address, and I'll send you the details so we can meet up!
Old 05-30-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

Sounds like fun. You should have a great time. I've only been there twice, but enjoyed it. One word of caution.... Stay well away from the water in Devil's Hole. The sand is so saturated with water that it will suck you right in!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Super Freak

I have learned stay away from cat tails!!!

Old 05-31-2011, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bundy Hill is a great place for new peps. I have only been there once. I had a really good time though. I would like to come this weekend but I don't know if would be available. The trails theere are not well marked. At one point we went down an ATV trail, which was marked according to some of the other people in our group. Most of us did not see it though.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:33 PM
JK Freak

Not sure if you all are doing a "day trip" or an over niter, but as good as Bundy Hill may be, MI now has Rocks and Valleys up near Clair which has everything from mild to wild. Have a great time at Bundy but come back into MI and try R&V.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn....i so wish i was goin' with the group on Saturday...jealous! Haven't wheeled in years since my CJ-7 days....two kids later and no more minivan and i finally have a vehicle that i can wheel in. Can't see myself beating on my Rubi like i did my old CJ's but can't wait to push the limits a little
Old 05-31-2011, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great! Looking forward to it. About half of us have been offroading before to jamborees, Moab, etc, so I'm not expecting this to be the most amazing place of all time or anything, but it sure beats mall crawling around Windsor!

good to know about the trails, we'll be extra vigilant about knowing where we're going. We also have a few guys from the States meeting up with us there, so they'll be able to show us around a bit too.

Any advice on going topless/doorless there? I like having my mirrors for negotiating around trees and such (not sure if there's a lot of those on the trails there or not), so if it's mostly hills, sand, mud, etc, then I'm more game to take the doors off. If it's super dusty there, though, then I'll probably leave everything on...
Old 06-01-2011, 04:29 AM
JK Junkie

I've only been there once, but if it stays dry all week it will be dusty there. Not so much on the actual trails, but on the main "roads" and playground areas it can get pretty dusty, especially when there is a lot of traffic.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jctnt1
Not sure if you all are doing a "day trip" or an over niter, but as good as Bundy Hill may be, MI now has Rocks and Valleys up near Clair which has everything from mild to wild. Have a great time at Bundy but come back into MI and try R&V.
I just went to Rocks and Valleys for the first time last weekend. That place is great. I would chose it over Bundy anytime. It is more difficult, so if you have a stock rig, Bundy would be a better choise.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great stuff, maybe we'll ramp up to R&V sometime in the future!

Quick Reply: Canadians going to Bundy Hill - Saturday, June 4th