Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Moab!!!

Old 08-24-2009, 09:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moab!!!

Hello, Boys & Girls.
The Wife and I are wanting to plan a trip to Moab in the spring, what im thinking is this gives us 9 months to plan. anyone interested in making the trek contact me here on the forum. I will PM you my number. we are kinda hoping to get a lot of the local guys we run with here in the great lakes region. To have us a good old fashioned cross country trek. I figure we will all have our camping gear. so the ride out I figure 2 - 3 days camp along the way to save on money. and we all do moab together as a Great Lakes thing. Let me know what you think.

Lets Do This!!!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm interested.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

HHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Very Interesting!!!
Maybe.... Lots to plan for, but I'm in for the conversation, and lets just see
Old 08-24-2009, 01:29 PM
JK Super Freak

I think its a worthwhile endevor I know its roughly 1500 miles there. and I think we could easily do 500 to 600 in a day. hit a rest area and circle the wagons so to speak. Lori has started looking into the prices and accomadations I think camping for the week would be awesome. so lets start planning this. we are definatly going ! just think it would be a whole lot more fun wheeling with people we know
Old 08-24-2009, 03:18 PM
JK Junkie

Highrlr is the one to contact about the trip. He went to the Jeep Safari last year. You all are killing me by putting this out there. I would love to go, but was planning on the five year timeline. I would love to go, but the boys are so little and I would want to bring them with me--along with the wife. I will help with any info you need. Wayoflife has lots of info on lodging places and little ins and outs. Shoot him a pm or I can get some info from him if you need it. You have skipped all the surrounding spots and shot straight to the Mecca of offroading, MOAB.

We will have to get a crew together to wheel at Windrock in Tennessee sometime. That place is very worthy of the 7 and a half hour drive. But I have digressed! Back to the subject at hand, MOAB!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

It sounds like a great trip. If it all possible...I'd be in. Hard to say right now though.

Derek, where is Windrock? I need to make a trip to Tennessee to get my neck tattoo finished. A guy I worked with in Indy started it. It'd be great to do some wheelin' there too.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know a lot of detail about Moab to know if my JK is built enough for it, but I want to hear more about the plan to see if I can work it out. I think I would trailer it, considering the distance.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Machine154
I don't know a lot of detail about Moab to know if my JK is built enough for it, but I want to hear more about the plan to see if I can work it out. I think I would trailer it, considering the distance.
I think all you need is a mild lift! You have a rubi dont you!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

I have been there and will go!!!! I have all the info you may need. I also have a # for a KOA campground we stayed at. We stay in one of thier cabins a couple nights. So if anyone needs info pm me and i will get ahold of you. I also have all the trail books if someone wants to see them... This would be one heck of a great trip so don't miss out on this one......
Old 08-25-2009, 07:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im from the east coast, but am looking to make this same trip this spring........

maybe I could meet up with you all somewhere along the way and make the trip with you. I posted this in my region but didnt get any bites..

P.S. this site is a great help. I bought the moab trail guide book, got it yesterday and havent put it down since

www.funtreks.com

Quick Reply: Moab!!!