Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Moving to Indiana looking for places to wheel

Old 12-08-2015, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Indiana looking for places to wheel

I'll be moving to Indiana in January and I'm looking for any info I can get about places to wheel in Indiana. Google has led me to believe that the only place to wheel is at ORV parks (Badlands, Haspin, Interlake). What is everyone's recommendation, What is the best ORV park and are there any hidden gems that people go wheeling that aren't in an ORV park?
Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

I have been to Badlands and Interlake. Badlands is has a mix of mud and rock crawling. Interlake is mostly muddy trails that are occasionally very steep. Depending on where you're at in Indiana, Turkey Bay may be worth driving to. There is also Dirty Turtle OHV in Kentucky. Those are the parks that most Hoosiers seem to frequent.

What city are you moving to?
Old 12-08-2015, 10:13 AM
JK Junkie

Badlands is awesome, and lots of fun. It has everything from easy to extreme. Also has everything from mud to rocks. Also Redbird is awesome and has numerous trails that are on badge of honor. What part of Indiana are you moving to?
Old 12-08-2015, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by red2010rubi
Badlands is awesome, and lots of fun. It has everything from easy to extreme. Also has everything from mud to rocks. Also Redbird is awesome and has numerous trails that are on badge of honor. What part of Indiana are you moving to?
dang! forgot about redbird.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jedg
dang! forgot about redbird.
I see you are in Fayetteville. You in the military?
Old 12-08-2015, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

I'm going to be living in Greenwood and working out of Edinburg so I'm going to be more familure with South Central Indiana but absolutely don't have a problem traveling across the state for a good Jeeping/Camping trip. Thanks for the advice!
Old 12-08-2015, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by red2010rubi
I see you are in Fayetteville. You in the military?
Yup. I was stationed in Evansville as a professor of military science for a 'broadening' assignment... now I'm back to the mothership...
Old 12-08-2015, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JPLife
I'm going to be living in Greenwood and working out of Edinburg so I'm going to be more familure with South Central Indiana but absolutely don't have a problem traveling across the state for a good Jeeping/Camping trip. Thanks for the advice!
Well, that's more central as far as those Hoosiers consider it. You're staple places will likely end up being Badlands and Red Bird... both are within 2 hours.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:34 AM
JK Junkie

Greenwood is a great area, I am actually moving there in February too.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Join JKOI on facebook. Oh and JKOI Fleamarket if you like buying/selling on facebook. Most of the guys live around the Indy area and frequent RedBird and the Badlands. I'm up at the Chicago border so my main stomping grounds are the Badlands and Silver Lake in Michigan.

Those guys have taught me so much and are very willing to help out. Some have their own companies, some are just awesome mechanics. I got my gears done for $400!!
They also meet once a month to wash their jeeps and grab food. Its a great group of guys and gals.

Quick Reply: Moving to Indiana looking for places to wheel