Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Well I dropped her off at the dealership tonight...

Old 02-16-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I dropped her off at the dealership tonight...

Hey guys, my jk is now in the dealerships hands. I am hoping that they will cover my DW under warranty. I have this strange feeling that there may be some issues getting it warrantied (modified exhaust, welded washers on the tracbar mounts...) and well I know that I am going to have to fight to get this done under warranty...I will keep you all updated as to how it goes...it is at champion cjd by the way...wish I could have taken it somewhere else, but I didn't have an option!

Btw, is it normal to be charged $100 If they take a look at something and it is deemed not under warranty?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well this is going to get interesting

I'm surprised you weren't able to figure it out. I had some pretty serious death wobble after putting on my lift and after a trying a few things I was able to figure it out myself. I'm betting taking it to the dealership is going to be one hell of an expensive fix.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Was it stock? I doubt they will cover any of it if you welded washers on the track bar mounts.
It was brought to them stock!! Lol....I know they will get hung up on the washers, but there is no way in heck that they can say that is hurting me in any way...I have a feeling this will be a good fight!

And I am NOT having them do anything to it if it is not covered, I figured if it was under warranty they may fix it...
Old 02-16-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But the DW occurred AFTER you modified/added something, correct? If so, then won't they argue that you caused the problem and not something covered under warranty?
Old 02-16-2011, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

Yeah good luck. They broke my slave cylinder when they pulled the trans less than a month ago. Now Im stuck paying $150 to have it fixed.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
But the DW occurred AFTER you modified/added something, correct? If so, then won't they argue that you caused the problem and not something covered under warranty?
Correct...but it is no longer lifted... and they have not asked me if it ever was!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by An0maly
Correct...but it is no longer lifted... and they have not asked me if it ever was!
Were you still getting death wobble after you removed the lift?
Old 02-17-2011, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bstpierre
Were you still getting death wobble after you removed the lift?
OH YEA! At this point my tie rod ends are shot, drag link is shot, ball joints are close to shot...tracbar mounts are wallowed out...it is pretty much a mess! I chased this thing around as best I could until the funds ran out...If the dealership wont fix it...I am pretty much screwed!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Sounds like you are ready for a pro rock 44 and a currie steering system.
HAHA In my dreams!!! I am a poor 21 year old kid who can barely make his payments every month!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by An0maly
HAHA In my dreams!!! I am a poor 21 year old kid who can barely make his payments every month!
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Lift-Your-Jeep

Quick Reply: Well I dropped her off at the dealership tonight...