Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Who's ever been to Haspin Acres?

Old 01-21-2012, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reason I'm asking is that the Spartan Race is at Haspin Acres in April Already tackled Spartan at The Cliffs.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by debsJK
Reason I'm asking is that the Spartan Race is at Haspin Acres in April Already tackled Spartan at The Cliffs.
Come on over, we'll take you out there for a preview
Old 01-21-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mhaines
Come on over, we'll take you out there for a preview
Ok taking you up on that! I figure if I'm there Saturday getting my butt kicked I might as well enjoy the Sunday at the park (if they are open). I will keep you posted as I find out!
Old 01-22-2012, 05:49 PM
JK Junkie

Ok taking you up on that! I figure if I'm there Saturday getting my butt kicked I might as well enjoy the Sunday at the park (if they are open). I will keep you posted as I find out!
I'm originally from about 30 minutes from Haspin...been there quite a few times though haven't been there in about 7 years. I've personally never had any problems out there and I always had a good time. But I should add I've never taken my Jeep out there. Been there on quads and in my dad's old GMC Sierra..but that's it.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:47 PM
JK Newbie

I have been going to Haspin for well over ten years, I go several time a year. Yeah, it is a little unregulated but there is a lot of great people you will meet out there. I’ve have never seen anybody get ran into by a drunk driver!!! The ironic thing is that those that refuse to go there are the ones that make these claims. The truth is the one reason you may not like the place is because it is often times very crowded for obvious reasons….….great trails!

IMO it is the best place to ride in Indiana if you like many of acres and a great variety of terrain. There are a few hills that are too steep or to much to climb and there are areas that are very mild and a lot of terrain in between. The trails are not to tight for full size trucks. I have had a YJ with 1tons through out the entire place. I’ve had my TJ out there a couple times last year. I still have a few more payment to make on the JK before it see the trails.

I agree with most in-that the drinking at Haspin is probably a bad idea, but don’t let that stop you from going out there. It is a great place filled with good people, I promise! Far far better than Badland! Badlands is nice for an hour or two but after that you have seen it all.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

One really good thing about it is, if it's been raining, you can bring home enough mud to fill in low spots in your yard. And that's just in the parking area, lol
Old 02-10-2012, 03:35 AM
JK Freak

Ok, OK I'm convinced. After running in the mud Saturday, Sunday needs to be dedicated to mudding in the jeep...anyone up for this April 22?
Old 02-10-2012, 03:41 AM
JK Newbie

Used to go there a lot on the dirt bikes, wicked good time.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:41 AM
JK Freak

Ok, OK I'm convinced. After running in the mud Saturday, Sunday needs to be dedicated to mudding in the jeep...anyone up for this April 22?
Could be up for this. If you wanna come over Easter weekend, I have a group that camps all weekend back by the shoe tree (well, where is it was before the fire), and you could get an idea about the park and your upcoming run
Old 02-10-2012, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Been to Haspin quite a bit over the years in a couple different rigs. There is something there for everyone and I think that's part of the bad rap that it gets. A lot of folks with built rigs tend to look down their noses at the "run what you brung" folks. There are quite a few people that go there that don't really care if they tear up their junk, so they tend to thrash on them. Like was said above, if it's got wheels on it, you'll probably see it. I've seen everything from full-on competition buggies to beat up, junkyard S-10s out there.

Best advice is to go for an organized run. There are several throughout the year put on by Fat Boys and IFWDA.

Quick Reply: Who's ever been to Haspin Acres?