Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Diamond Justice compound bow??

Old 10-22-2008, 10:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diamond Justice compound bow??

Anyone have an opinion on a Diamond Justice compound bow? I'm looking at buying my first bow and this is what the dealer recomended, said it is made by bowtech and a great bow for the money. Only thing is I don't know anything about bows it looks good and I like the feel but is there something better in the same price range? Sells for $499. Dealer said he would set me up with complete package (rest, sights, quiver, soft case, peep sight, release, 6 arrows, 3 broad heads and 3 field points) for $650 plus tax. Good deal or not???
Old 10-26-2008, 10:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd skip that deal, Bowtech is crap. Spend a little more and get a Mathews. Don't trust me though, only buy a bow from a place that has an indoor range and will let you demo all of them first. Shoot a Mathews first and then shoot the rest and you'll go home with the Mathews. Here is a list of Mathews shops near you:

Big O's Archery
(About 8 miles)
1520 Texoma Pkwy
Sherman, Texas 75090
Orvie Cantrell
Phone: (903) 870-2114

Red River Taxidermy & Archery
(About 33 miles)
201 Hwy 82 W
Gainesville, Texas 76240
Tim Williams
Phone: (940) 665-5953

Archers Den Llc.
(About 34 miles)
615 3rd Ave Nw
Ardmore, Oklahoma 73401
Ronald Hilliar
Phone: (580) 490-9979
Old 10-26-2008, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will definatly check them out but only problem is the cheaper bows appear to be over $100 more for just the bow than what I can get the diamond for. I know it is not the best bow in the world but I don't want to have over about $700 in the total package and the cheapest matthews I could find on their site was almost $800 not including anything but bow these prices are for 70 lb bows I did see some cheaper but were like 50 lb. If you have a suggestion for a matthews that I can get and be a good bow and also spend $700 or less and include everything(rest, sight, quiver, release, etc... etc...) Please let me know what it is and I will definatly check it out.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:21 PM
JK Newbie

i have a diamond rapture and it shoots great and you cant beat it for the price

matthews bows may be good but thats just because theres so much hype over the its like the 30.06 everybody has to have one
Old 10-26-2008, 10:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, your'e probably right about the Diamond Rapture I'm sure its a good bow. In fact, most of them are probably great bows. All I can say is I shot a Hoyt, Jennings, Browning, Bowtech and several others at my local shop and then when I shot a Mathews I had to have one. Whenever I shoot it I have to shoot at a seperate spot each time because I keep splitting carbon arrows in half Robin Hood style. That said I missed several Deer and Elk however because of my anxious stupidity. That and shooting straight uphill and downhill. heh heh
Old 10-28-2008, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Bowtech Diamond Justice - I've got one

My two cents - for what it's worth - I researched and then shot several different bows at multiple pro shops. For the dollars I wanted to spend with complete setup and a couple dozen arrows (1st bow - so had to get everything ;o) ) I decided up on the Justice. I've got my 4 pin front sight dialed in at 20, 30, 40 and 50 yards. For having not ever shot a bow in my life - I'm hitting consistantly at 50 yards in a paper plate. I think that's pretty sweet for a newbie.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys I am definatly going to shoot several different bows but was just wondering what everyone thought I will shoot them and rank the ones I like and then see what fits in my budget. Just from what the pro told me the justice is going to be the best quality bow for my price range. KSU if you don't mind me asking what was your total price because I am a newb too and will have to have everything as well?
Old 10-28-2008, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yep. We have eight guys that make the bowhunt trip every year - we all shoot Matthews... Awesome bow's! Get the right arrows while you are at it.

Originally Posted by Zylfrax791
I'd skip that deal, Bowtech is crap. Spend a little more and get a Mathews. Don't trust me though, only buy a bow from a place that has an indoor range and will let you demo all of them first. Shoot a Mathews first and then shoot the rest and you'll go home with the Mathews. Here is a list of Mathews shops near you:

Big O's Archery
(About 8 miles)
1520 Texoma Pkwy
Sherman, Texas 75090
Orvie Cantrell
Phone: (903) 870-2114

Red River Taxidermy & Archery
(About 33 miles)
201 Hwy 82 W
Gainesville, Texas 76240
Tim Williams
Phone: (940) 665-5953

Archers Den Llc.
(About 34 miles)
615 3rd Ave Nw
Ardmore, Oklahoma 73401
Ronald Hilliar
Phone: (580) 490-9979
Old 10-28-2008, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red08rubicon_tx
Thanks guys I am definatly going to shoot several different bows but was just wondering what everyone thought I will shoot them and rank the ones I like and then see what fits in my budget. Just from what the pro told me the justice is going to be the best quality bow for my price range. KSU if you don't mind me asking what was your total price because I am a newb too and will have to have everything as well?

Bow, front sight, whisker bisket, rear peep sight, quick release glove, 2 dozen Carbon Supreme Weight Forward Arrows with Blazer Fletches, front vibratiion dampner, bow string dampner, couple of Razr Broadheads, 2 piece Octane Quiver, nice yellow jacket target to shoot at and Hard Case = roughly $1,100 or so.

Quick Reply: Diamond Justice compound bow??