Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

guys guys guys....

Old 12-14-2008, 05:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default guys guys guys....

DO NOT TAKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND TO THE RANGE WITH YOUR GREAT BIG GUN AND HAVE HER TRY SHOOTING - I DO NOT CARE HOW SEXY YOU THINK SHE LOOKS IT JUST PUTS EVERYONE IN DANGER!!!

I am not kidding....in the past two weeks I have seen so many guys having their "girls" shooting like .45 cal -- and its the first gun they ever shot... and they are waving it all around- sometimes finger on the trigger
and the guy is just oblivious... and their shots are all over-- sometimes on target sometime not....

If you feel the need to take your girl shooting-spend some coin and rent her a .22 so she will enjoy it and can learn properly....and brush up on your safety skills before or have her take a class!!! PLEASE!!!!
Old 12-14-2008, 07:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coming from a girl, that's a great advice.

But i know exactly what you're talking about, and i see that kind of thing happen a lot.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Two separate issues. If the guy doesn't teach her about safety and proper gun handling before letting her even touch the gun, he doesn't know what he's doing and shouldn't be teaching anyone. Personally I don't think that kind of guy should even be handling guns...

But not every woman needs to learn on a .22. If you have a good instructor and pay attention to what you're doing, many women can easily learn to accurately shoot a .45. They may prefer to shoot a smaller caliber, but so do a lot of guys. I don't really see what gender has to do with it.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:40 AM
JK Jedi Master

gender has nothing to do with it, I know plenty of guys that are dangerous on the range.

sounds like that guy needs punched in the face for not teaching his girlfriend range safety.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

My wife doesn't know it yet, but there will be a Walther P22 under the tree.
She has been shooting recently all the way up to .40 and was happiest with the time she spent at the range with the .22.

I cheated and got my 9mm early.
She said my 9 bruised her thumb webbing and handed it back to me. :(
At 25 yards yesterday (when my Dad gave it to me), it was holding a 12" circle.
At 15 yards today, it was holding a 6" circle.
I'm still getting used to it. (almost all of my life gun time has been with shotguns or rifles, not handguns)
After 70 rounds, not the first hiccup, using three different cartridges to see what it likes best.
I'm quite pleased with it so far.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
My wife doesn't know it yet, but there will be a Walther P22 under the tree.
She has been shooting recently all the way up to .40 and was happiest with the time she spent at the range with the .22.

I cheated and got my 9mm early.
She said my 9 bruised her thumb webbing and handed it back to me. :(
At 25 yards yesterday (when my Dad gave it to me), it was holding a 12" circle.
At 15 yards today, it was holding a 6" circle.
I'm still getting used to it. (almost all of my life gun time has been with shotguns or rifles, not handguns)
After 70 rounds, not the first hiccup, using three different cartridges to see what it likes best.
I'm quite pleased with it so far.

Awwwww...I bet she will love it!! I have one and its fun to shoot but I can go through 300 rounds in no time.( I mean no time!) ...yes they are cheap but it adds up! I also have a 9mm Taurus Millenium which I really like and am getting better with everytime I go to the range. I am hoping for a stocking full of ammo and maybe some pink ear muffs and maybe a range membership.....hey hubbo you listening??
Old 12-14-2008, 12:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by OffTopic
Two separate issues. If the guy doesn't teach her about safety and proper gun handling before letting her even touch the gun, he doesn't know what he's doing and shouldn't be teaching anyone. Personally I don't think that kind of guy should even be handling guns...

But not every woman needs to learn on a .22. If you have a good instructor and pay attention to what you're doing, many women can easily learn to accurately shoot a .45. They may prefer to shoot a smaller caliber, but so do a lot of guys. I don't really see what gender has to do with it.
Thats prolly true - but these bimbos I saw needed to. and I am no gun expert.... They were not even holding it correctly and when they pulled the trigger they nearly dropped it.... ( no push /pull thing going on...)
sheesh....and to make matters worst...one had a sweater dress thing on and bullets kept going into the sweater folds around her neck.... and she would stop and look around after shooting....not ever hitting the target.- ok no where near the target.... and look to her b-friend and you think he would say hey keep your finger off the trigger and hey don't point that thing at me but nope.... I was goin to tell her you point that thing at me again and I am going to point mine at you and judging from our targets I am a better shot....sooooo....ugh. I told the range and went home.....sad cuz I didn't get to shoot much.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:50 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JKGirl

DO NOT TAKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND TO THE RANGE WITH YOUR GREAT BIG GUN AND HAVE HER TRY SHOOTING - I DO NOT CARE HOW SEXY YOU THINK SHE LOOKS IT JUST PUTS EVERYONE IN DANGER!!!

I am not kidding....in the past two weeks I have seen so many guys having their "girls" shooting like .45 cal -- and its the first gun they ever shot... and they are waving it all around- sometimes finger on the trigger
and the guy is just oblivious... and their shots are all over-- sometimes on target sometime not....

If you feel the need to take your girl shooting-spend some coin and rent her a .22 so she will enjoy it and can learn properly....and brush up on your safety skills before or have her take a class!!! PLEASE!!!!
I understand what you are talking about, and I agree......somewhat. A little 5'2" 98 pound sweetie needs to know what she is about to bite into BEFORE she pulls the trigger. But, as far as swinging a gun around all over the place with the finger on the trigger.....well, here, gender has nothing to do with it for sure. It sounds like both her AND her boyfriend shouldn't be shooting at all if they don't know how to be safe.

This reminds me of when I took my girlfriend out to shoot one day. If I recall I had pretty much all my guns there. I had her shooting the 22 pistol and she was doing fine. I planed on working her up to shooting the high powered rifle. There were a couple of other guys that I didn't know also shooting next to us. I couldn't help but notice their eyes latch onto her off and on as we were shooting. I remember I was shooting one of my rifles and happened to look over and see my gal holding this cannon of a pistol in her hands about to squeeze one off. It must have been this guys chance to get a littler closer to her. I jumped up and yelled.....Whoa!!!.....hold on, hold on, and walked over to them. I asked him what this was?........ah er.....it's a 44 mag. I said did you show her how to hold it?.......ah...er.......No. I said did you ask her if she'd ever shot one before?......ah...er.....No. I asked him if he wanted to see his fine pistol laying in the dirt?.........ah....er...No. I had nothing against her shooting it, but wanted her to know what she was up against. So I took the gun from her, looked over to the guy and said......do you mind? He said go ahead. I told my gal.....here, stand right next to me while I shoot this thing. I shot it and she had quite a look on her face. I said do you still want to shoot it?? She said.....ok......I said are you sure........she said yes. So I put it in her hand, wrapped the other one around it, reached out her arms and told her to lock them up. I squeezed those tiny little hands around the pistol hard and said hold on tight. She let one go and it damn near came out of her hands. I said do you want to shoot it again. She said..........no, that's ok.
What I'm getting at is, I've got no problem letting someone shoot whatever they want, even if it's the first time, girl or not. EVERYBODY needs to know shooting safety, as well as what they are about to unleash when they pull any trigger. I know that if I hadn't of seen her about to shoot that 44, it would have flown out of her hands and who knows what would have happened.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Equal rights amendment

So JK girl are U saying yall women are equal sumtimes but not with guns? What kinda message are U women really trying to send? I think if you think you are worth the same pay to tote bricks and lumber then U oughta be able to shoot a damn 44 mag. Personally I never will teach no females to shoot. Might be "that time of month" and she gets pissed off and trys to shoot me. No thanks. Same reason I won't vote for no female president neither.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:18 AM
JK Freak

oh boy I don't even know what to say to your post??!!

I never said women are "equal" to men!!!! A man better be stronger, taller, and tougher than me! LOL

as for the rest of yer comments... I have no comment.-
nope none.

let them speak for themselves....

crazy.

Quick Reply: guys guys guys....