Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

High wind = fast bird

Old 09-05-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High wind = fast bird

My spot wasn't the greatest so only got 5. My brotherinlaw got 11.

How was your Dove Hunt today?
Old 09-05-2011, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

I saw a few doves last week,since moving to Utah 7 years ago I have got 9 of them.Now its grouse and chukars.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Jedi

Boy does that bring back memories. Used to dove hunt every year when I lived down south. Sure is fun trying to hit those zig-zaging birds.

I remember my Dad telling me once.....They had a group that used to always go. Then one time somebody brought a new guy. He walked up with a fancy shotgun and awards patches all over his hunting vest. I guess he was a nice enough guy, but he had never hunted doves before. My Dad told me all morning long they could hear this guy shooting like crazy, as they put him in the good spot, being the "new guy" and all.

Anyway when they all gathered at the trucks later in the morning to show all their birds, everybody did well, and the new guy reached into his vest and pulled out one bird. One of the guys looked at him and said....."I guess those clay pigeons don't fly like doves, huh?"

Quick Reply: High wind = fast bird