Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Need night sights on my Glock

Old 02-19-2012, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need night sights on my Glock

So I recently bought a Glock Gen4 G23 and I'm wanting to change the sights from the stock white dot front sight and the "U" shaped rear sight. I'm looking into night sights and I'm seeing lots of varying prices without much variance in product...as far as I can tell.

Features I'd like are different colored front and rear sights, as small of a luminous dots as possible, and sturdy enough rear sight to charge the slide with.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??? (Trijicon, Meprolight, Truglo, etc...) Price isn't so much of a concern as a dependable piece of quality material.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

I have Meprolights on my Sig and Glock. I also hate the rear U sight on Glocks. I like the Meps. They have a decent amount of white circle around the tritium tubes which I like, and they are metal unlike the factory Glock sight. They are also very bright. They should last about seven years but if you don't feel like replacing them, you can just use them as regular sights. Trijicons are more expensive but I don't see much difference. Tru-Glo TFO's are awesome- they are really visible during the day. The downside to them is that they are pricey, and the warranty is virtually non-existent which is something to consider because I have heard about the tubes falling out of the housing.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

First vote goes to Trijicon. Second to Mepro. You'll be fine either way if you stick to those two.

ETA - Trijicon are what's on my duty gun. Mepro's are on my wife's carry gun. The trijicon's have literally been beat to shit but still work. I have a huge chunk bitten off the front sight of my trijicon's but they still work and glow perfectly. (I dropped my gun on concrete and it landed on the front sight. This was totally accidental and it was unloaded.)

Last edited by JeepApex; 02-20-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AV8RS3V3RN
So I recently bought a Glock Gen4 G23 and I'm wanting to change the sights from the stock white dot front sight and the "U" shaped rear sight. I'm looking into night sights and I'm seeing lots of varying prices without much variance in product...as far as I can tell.

Features I'd like are different colored front and rear sights, as small of a luminous dots as possible, and sturdy enough rear sight to charge the slide with.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??? (Trijicon, Meprolight, Truglo, etc...) Price isn't so much of a concern as a dependable piece of quality material.
Trijicon or Meprolight.
It is like Ford and Chevy.
Canon or Nikon.

It doesn't matter what you go with as far as quality. They are both great. They are both sturdy
Old 03-01-2012, 06:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on my EDC G30sf I put XS 24/7 sights. Very fast and simple target acquisition. By far my favorite aftermarket sights so far.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I carried a Glock 19 for 8 years with tricijon sights and never had any issues.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:05 PM
JK Freak

I have TFO sights. I love them. Good place to look is go to google and type in glock store. I think it's the first link. It has any and everything glock on there
Old 03-02-2012, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Meprolight Night Sights on my Gen 4 G17. They are so awesome, glowing green sitting on the night stand at night The gun shop where I purchased the Glock from installed them for free.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have Trijicons with yellow rear/green front on my carry pistol. I like the combo.

Jason
Old 04-25-2012, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

As a Certified Glock Armor I can tell you that the Glock brand night sights are made by Meprolight. As far as color combinations go I think Meprolight has the biggest selction available. I have multiple Glocks, and all were night sights. XS sights are very fast with the big dot front sight. My G23 has the factory night sights. But my favorite night sights that I have found are the Truglo TFO these combine night sights with fiberoptic sights which gives you the best of both worlds (IMO). they are very bright in daylight and every bit as bright as any of my other night sights. It kind of depends on what you are looking for though.
For what its worth the Glock brand night sights run $72 a set plus $10 shipping. I paid $85 for my TFO sights and got them off of Ebay.

Just a word of caution if you go with the TFO sigths, they do have some that are just the fiberoptic and don't have the tritium that makes them night sights and they run about $45 or so.

Quick Reply: Need night sights on my Glock