Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Weapons Check

Old 03-06-2007, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weapons Check

I did a search and found a few posts on weapons, but I was wondering how many keep a gun in their Jeep when wheeling? I don't know if an annoymous poll is possible but I am curious if anyone else brings a gun with them when out in remote areas? This is probably more likely in the midwest as hunting is more popular. We always had rifles in our trucks when I was a teen and out in western Minnesota (hunting varmints). And I always carry knives (mostly for opening wine bottles at night by the campfire never a gun into a National Park (though there are times I would have felt better had I one with me). I will carry a metal tube and wire out into Mojave to hunt for rattlers, and I do pack heat when I know I'll be out on my own in some remote area. I guess I'm just wondering if this is an issue for people who go out alone and if you feel safer/better/more secure if there is a gun in your Jeep when you're out on the trail.
David
Old 03-06-2007, 09:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always pack a .38 revolver when I go out into the back country, mostly because bullets are faster then baseball bats.

I also, on longer excursions, have a henry survival rifle in my backpack, but that's incase something goes really wrong and everyone becomes stuck out in the boonies. It's cool too because it can be disassembled, and put inside the stock.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:43 PM
JK Super Freak

But I feel the same way too about national parks. No guns, but I too would have felt safer with one. That's when I bring along my machete, that I call Bob, I got in Honduras.

I nearly cut my thumb off with it once
Old 03-07-2007, 05:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I keep a gun on my person at most times while sober. Always keep one in the vehicle. Long live carry and conceal!
Old 03-08-2007, 03:41 AM
Eternal ***erator

Yes.

I am fully licensed & it is hidden on my person pretty much whenever I am awake.
I have been blessed enough to see a large part of the world and have been all the way around this planet more than once. Unfortunately that included an abrupt, harsh, and gruesome lesson in reality. I have seen some things I wish to God I had not.
The earth is not always a beautiful place and bad shit happens to good people every day.

long live carry concealed? Amen to that.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:52 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by AZCA jeeper

Pirate!

do you have Keira Knightley's phone number?
Old 03-08-2007, 04:04 AM
JK Freak

my trusty 380 mustang is always handy
Old 03-08-2007, 08:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon

Pirate!

do you have Keira Knightley's phone number?
I wasn't stealing, I was just borrowing without permission.
All I needed was a pic to show how the gun comes apart.

Yes I do have her phone number (805)-690-anorexic

I also have Michael Jordan's address, no kidding.
But if you want it, you're gonna have to pay me.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Yes.

I am fully licensed & it is hidden on my person pretty much whenever I am awake.
I have been blessed enough to see a large part of the world and have been all the way around this planet more than once. Unfortunately that included an abrupt, harsh, and gruesome lesson in reality. I have seen some things I wish to God I had not.
The earth is not always a beautiful place and bad shit happens to good people every day.

long live carry concealed? Amen to that.
Amen Brotha... I also carry daily. My CCW for the past 18 months has been the FN Five Seven. I keep a 20rnd mag in it and keep several spares in the center console (I have a 30 rounder for it too! ) If I can't get em with the 100rnds I carry... then I don't deserve to carry. So to answer your question dwinge... Hell yes I carry... always. Especially on the trail... you never know what you will run into out there... pot fields, stills, etc etc. Some places are more dangerous than others... especially along the mexico border.

Blurry pic of the 30rnd mag in the pistol:

Last edited by USAF_GroundRat; 03-08-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey I forgot the real name of those bullets they call "cop killers" because they penetrate bulletproof vests.

Quick Reply: Weapons Check