Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

You wanted photos here you go!

Old 04-16-2009, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys for the compliments.

I was almost tempted to bring the Arisika to the range last week but chickened out!

I should put some new photos up, since I treated the stocks with Fairtrimmers MilitaryOX.

It's a stock oil designed for older Mil weapons like these and holy crow!

If any one else collects the vintage iron, I can't say enough about the product.

http://www.fairtrimmers.com/

I even used it on my newer Com-Bloc (AK-47 and SKS's) stuff and really made the wood pop!
Old 09-02-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rnjstel
Yeah, I shoot everything everything except for the Japanese 6.5 Arisika.

I got Ammo for it (Horinday makes custom loads in 6.5 Jap) but, I am scared to.

It is so poorly made, tin, pop metal and bamboo that I am not decided yet!
i have a friend with an arisika and we shoot it a ton! helluva round and those rear sights are wild. Rumor has it that the japanese were able to engage pesonnel on ships realtively accurately from the beaches with that sight set up... compensates for bullet drop and windage quickly and effectively.

BUT... if you have not yet, and as with any old rifle, take it to a shop and have the head space checked.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Nice collection!!!

Now, all you're missing is a 1903 Springfield 30.06?

Where's that???
Old 09-02-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

About 17 years to really get them, it is the main battle rifle for every WW2 Combatant.
Oh yeah, well where's your Carcano?!

Just givin' you a hard time. Nice collection, I'm especially diggin' the tiger striping on that M1 stock. That's nice!

Jason
Old 09-02-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jason_G
Oh yeah, well where's your Carcano?!

Just givin' you a hard time. Nice collection, I'm especially diggin' the tiger striping on that M1 stock. That's nice!

Jason
Sorry for me, I don't really count the Italians or French as true Main Combatants for the 2nd, so I never set out for their weapons to add.

Sure I should add theirs but, only if i stumble across one.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JKX
i have a friend with an arisika and we shoot it a ton! helluva round and those rear sights are wild. Rumor has it that the japanese were able to engage pesonnel on ships realtively accurately from the beaches with that sight set up... compensates for bullet drop and windage quickly and effectively.

BUT... if you have not yet, and as with any old rifle, take it to a shop and have the head space checked.
Is it a late or early war? The one I have is a very late war and really poorly made. Like made of Bamboo and piss-metal, forged with a rock and two sticks.

I have the Ammo from Horniday and I also went through the spacing and dimenions (checks ok on the mike) but, just scary!

I read that the action supposedly is stronger than the 98K for over-pressure. However, its just scary made.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKWillie
Nice collection!!!

Now, all you're missing is a 1903 Springfield 30.06?

Where's that???
Next to come
Old 09-02-2009, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Squirrel Killer
I know, digging this one up but hey I got questions...

I have a Lee Enfield also and I will say that it is a great rifle. Accurate out past 800 meters (thats as far as Ive went with it so far) and I like the .308 round. But I always heard that they are more valuable if you do not treat or refinish the stocks. Is this true. I thought they shoudl be left in their vintage state. I know to clean the metal but an armorer said dont touch the wood. If this isnt true or there is more to it, I will look into the fairtrimmers oil you suggested.
The fairtimmers doesn't change the wood just cleans and preserves it. The red hue is up to you and the amount you want to apply.

It's a really good product and can't sayenough about it
Old 09-03-2009, 06:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rnjstel
Is it a late or early war? The one I have is a very late war and really poorly made. Like made of Bamboo and piss-metal, forged with a rock and two sticks.

I have the Ammo from Horniday and I also went through the spacing and dimenions (checks ok on the mike) but, just scary!

I read that the action supposedly is stronger than the 98K for over-pressure. However, its just scary made.
i would assume early make then ... its seems really rock solid and quality.

Quick Reply: You wanted photos here you go!