Notices
Jeep CJ, Jeepster & Willys Overall Jeep CJ, Jeepster and Willys technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes pretty much most Jeeps made between 1955-1986.

pitarm angle??????????

Old 12-19-2010, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pitarm angle??????????

so i just got my home fabed 7.5 inch lift done on my dj5. it turned out really good i found out my front brakes are broken into 3 peices, my shocks were toast so i tossed them but the rest really turned out nicely.

the only real problem left a cant figure, is what to do with my pitarm i turned it into a "c" shape. we did not get done till 2 am so my brain was not working the best, i understand it should look more like a "z" but having said that im still afraid it will not be long enough to clear my leaf springs at full turn.

what can i do to fix this, i know that there are companies that offer a drop arm for up to a 5" lift but will it be enough, are there any other brackets that will lower my steering box or will that throw my steering way out of wack, what other options do i have?? please help.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

so up way late again last night and figured out the front end turns as good as before the lift, and rides just about as good.

do to the fact it still had original shocks under it they were done too, BUT finding some that will work has been the hardest part of the lift so far can anyone shed some light on how to go about that. do i measure at ride hight and then again at full flex?
Old 12-21-2010, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

nobody knows anything about any of this?
Old 12-22-2010, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

well that really died fast all you lift/ suspension guru's busy with the holidays or what
Old 12-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Former Member

Get a measurement of it sitting at ride height, center of mount to mount.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the reply the death machine is back in the shop with what i only hope is a head gasket issue and not a cracked cylinder

after its fixed im mounting the new front bumper and winch i have yet to make and replace those heavy sliders with some soft doors i picked up, so that might level it out like i hoped and if not ill modify it after. then mount the new shocks acording to measurements

Quick Reply: pitarm angle??????????