Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

Spider LJ

Old 05-06-2011, 05:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!!

more pics... Jeep is officially done.. needs polishing and then it goes back to HCP4X4 for assembly

who says I can't paint and repair a Jeep in a week?

I had the bazel painted a little lighter then the body.. just to break it from all the gray on the inside

a lot of flake

heading back to the shop on Monday.. glad I don't have to touch it.. I'm really really busy with school... sucks going to school for engineering

Last edited by Lo2aY; 05-06-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks bad ass!!!

We will have to go wheeling this summer...but bring the LJ...it is more to my specs.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Incredible build! Thanks for doing a comprehensive documentation of the process as it evolved it was awesome seeing it come together and can't wait for the finished product!
Old 05-10-2011, 08:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Incredible build! Thanks for doing a comprehensive documentation of the process as it evolved it was awesome seeing it come together and can't wait for the finished product!
Thanks Frank

Here's an update with some really bad news

I got a call this morning about my parts coming from powder coat. they guys wanted me to come down and check them out in person, and so i did. the color doesn't match the wheels and rockers! not only that but it scratches really really easily. so we took the crap back to them and the guy running the place told me that he doesn't have the correct color as it's been discontinued! so I had to go with texture instead of eggshell black as that's my only option at this time I'm so f***ing frustrated about this it's unreal. I know it's still going to look good but that eggshell is exactly the black I had in mind!. So now, not only is it the wrong color!! I'm also not gonna see any of my parts until this Friday!! I just don't understand why he never called before deciding on the color!! this really sucks.

on the bright side, the Jeep is at the shop and we are starting on the electrical stuff! until we see the rest of the crap. the guys are really stepping it up! they are having two techs working on it next week.

It will probably not be fully complete by open house. but will be pretty damn close!

Exhaust and drive shafts will still need to be made for it after the show. for now I just want it to look pretty

on the other hand, I'm almost done with this term. will be done this Friday. so, their will be a third person involved

shocks should be here tomorrow
Old 05-11-2011, 08:01 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That's unbelievable! How does a shop decide which color to substitute and doesn't tell you they did it upfront. Looks like you have the right attitude because I think I might have lost it!

Man you've got lots of stuff going on in your life so hang in there and I'm sure the finished product is going to be unreal!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
That's unbelievable! How does a shop decide which color to substitute and doesn't tell you they did it upfront. Looks like you have the right attitude because I think I might have lost it!

Man you've got lots of stuff going on in your life so hang in there and I'm sure the finished product is going to be unreal!
Thanks budd

Tony is a great guy.. he must he probably thought the color wouldn't be much different since it was really close. but I think what happened was that the powder isn't sticking to all my parts steel and aluminum. so he's doing another run to get it all cleaned up.

today we got the fridge mount in. wheels and rockers sent to powdercoat. and ARB air lines (including the line that goes to the custom gauge) all wired up.
Kings are also here. all four of them

I need to get my painters to finish up the rear gate and windshield frame. so that we can install the rack and test fit it.

today I was thinking about how the Jeep would look without the rack (I don't plan on running all the time) and I noticed that the brackets for the rear arms are custom mounted to the corners. so I'm going to buy another set of corners and run those when the rack is off. that way it doesn't look like it's got ears on the back of it

Overall, shop had good progress and things should hopefully get better as we go (this Jeep is cursed so far! so I'm crossing my fingers)

my JK is also done. and I'm going to pick it up next week.. I have a lot of stuff for it here waiting to be installed
Old 05-11-2011, 08:24 PM
JK Junkie

Here's a pic of the KINGs

Old 05-12-2011, 09:57 PM
JK Junkie

Things are moving nicely in the country club

got most of my stuff back from powder coat. everything looks better than expected.

except the door handles. they came out.. well I prefer not to say I'm going to get new ones.

had to go with a Hot air intake. well it was supposed to be cold lol. we had to take the cover off and just run it naked with the filter exposed. reason is because the warn winch stuff had no where to go. so we had to make some adjustments.

Flares are on. I honestly think that I'm going to paint them to match the Jeep or go black like the grill. what do you think?

fridge mount/ fridge and wiring are all done.

Axles are done, we need to pick them up early morning.

ARB tent is on backorder.. really bummed about that! but it's not slowing the progress down.

Jeep mug shot

what do you think of the flares? should they be painted to match or painted back like the grill?

2 steps back

ARB fridge

bumpers and sliders

KING tag

I have a walk around video that's uploading right now. once it's done i'll post it

more tomorrow
Old 05-12-2011, 10:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet build dude. Sometimes I wish I went with an LJ instead of my jk.

sent from HTC Thunderbolt via tapatalk.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Junkie

Here's a quick video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhAQ7rpC65g

Quick Reply: Spider LJ