Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

Xtreme 4x4

Old 09-27-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xtreme 4x4

Anyone been following the TJ buildup? Ian is nuts! What a great idea. Take a wrecked TJ, throw in a Hemi and everything else under the sun. Make it street legal, affordable, and one hell of a beast!

I was impressed at least.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:31 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, that thing is sweet, 5.7 l Hemi, riding on 40's, 4 speed transfer case..... etc......
Old 09-28-2008, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Its a great build. I would like to see the same with a LJ. Jeep should still be making the LJ or at least the new J8
Old 09-28-2008, 09:09 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by PONCH
Anyone been following the TJ buildup? Ian is nuts! What a great idea. Take a wrecked TJ, throw in a Hemi and everything else under the sun. Make it street legal, affordable, and one hell of a beast!

I was impressed at least.
If thats the right show, He picked that TJ up from Daveys Jeeps, it about 4 miles from me. Great guy.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

It's too bad that Jessie is gone....

But that build up is one my fav. Can't wait to see the crazy hyrbid TJ/Scrambler.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Wes
JK Enthusiast

Yea, I've been following that build. One thing I don't like about Xtreme is they don't keep current, they jump around projects just too much. I want to see a build from beginning to end, but it rarely happens.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

Not everyone is as enthusiastic about Jeep builds like we are. Almost all of the shows do that. But xtreme should stick with it a bit more until something goes to paint or powder coat or whatever.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by PONCH
It's too bad that Jessie is gone....

But that build up is one my fav. Can't wait to see the crazy hyrbid TJ/Scrambler.
What happened to Jessie? Haven't seen her on the show when they are doing work, but she is still in small segments and announcing what is next. She was the best part of the show - besides the crazy rides they build.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:58 AM
JK Freak

She has been gone for awile. She decided to move on to fabrication or something. She is still doing guest spots and I guess other shows too. She has a website and there is stuff about why she left all over the internet. I heard she was having back problems too. Who knows, it sucks though. She is one bad chic!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
If thats the right show, He picked that TJ up from Daveys Jeeps, it about 4 miles from me. Great guy.

AFAIK it is, I am pretty sure they mentioned that name.

Ian seems like a putz, but that could just be my read on him and I could be wrong.

I love the TJ though. They should raffle that off to me.

I miss Jessie, but the better half doesnt. For some reason that girl intimidated her.

Quick Reply: Xtreme 4x4