Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Going Topless?!: What is the craziest thing that happened to you?

Old 02-13-2014, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my spiderweb shade and keeping the top off. On a recent trip to a music festival, my wife and I decided to take the jeep and leave the top off; but pack the t-tops in the back. Worked out well for the first hour or so and then a storm hit. I pulled over and put on the top panels over my spiderweb and we took off again. Soon found out that was a bad move. The wind whipped the rain around the back of the panels, onto my spiderweb and forward over the front seats. We had it raining on us worse than without the panels on. Pulled over and popped off the spiderweb and all was good.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I first bought my jeep i took the top and the doors off on a nice summer day and went cruising around. I live in Tampa FL and we have alot of bums and pan-handlers. I came to a stop light and wasnt really paying any attention to anything just enjoying the weather. A bum jumps in my passenger seat at the stop light and asked if i could give him a ride. It scared the crap out of me and I was like what the hell?! I pulled my gun out of the center console and told him he had 2 seconds to get the hell out before I shot him. That was definitely one of the craziest things i have ever experienced.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got two stories. First one involves me getting stuck under a small rain cloud. I sped up a bit to get past it cuz I didn't feel like getting wet. Outta nowhere a cop pulls me over. He asks why I was speeding. I said to get away from the rain. He said, well now you are stuck in it and handed me a 150$ ticket. Boooo.

Second storie. Me and some buddys went out wheeling. It was about an hour drive on the highway to get to the trail head. By the time we got there, buddy's hair was pretty big and pooffy looking. Anyways, we just started on the trail and I'm following buddy with the poofy hair when all of a sudden an owl swooped down right at his head. It just barely missed him. I was amazed by what I just saw. I guess the owl thought the Jeep was being driven by a poofy rodent. No lunch for you mr owl.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One was a massive rain storm, I had oceans in my foot wells and ruined everything inside the hidden trunk area. Now I carry a tarp.

(Old pic)

Second was when I went through a drive thru with no top or doors and the girl asked what I did in the winter time. I told her I freeze. lol
Old 02-16-2014, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Going down the interstate around 70 mph, popped open the center console.

And poof magical floating money. I was able to grab some of it.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

I was stationed in Guam and used to have a chicken roost under my passenger seat everyday in the parking lot at the base. Was a blast to offer people rides. They would start to climb in and the chicken would explode out from under the seat and give them a heart attack. Bonus was free egg now and again.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 48XXL
I was stationed in Guam and used to have a chicken roost under my passenger seat everyday in the parking lot at the base. Was a blast to offer people rides. They would start to climb in and the chicken would explode out from under the seat and give them a heart attack. Bonus was free egg now and again.
This is one of my favorites!
Old 03-22-2014, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

parked on the green while going out for the night walked back over around 2am and see a pitbull (blue nose) which are all too common around new haven chilling in my passenger seat.

Last edited by pjmjk; 10-16-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

had an elderly women climb in the front seat when i had the top and doors off and she said, "I only live right around the corner." never met the women in my life and havent seen her again since.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

Was at my brothers house when i noticed that clouds were starting to form. Decided to hit the road, since it was roughly an hour to my house from his. Made it about 15 minutes before God unleashed a massive amount of rain. When i pulled up to a red light, a group of teenagers pulled along side me in a car, laughing their butts off. I smiled, gave them a nod, and turned into a gas station to get under a canopy. It was a cold, wet ride home.

Quick Reply: Going Topless?!: What is the craziest thing that happened to you?