Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Jeep wave????

Old 01-10-2014, 02:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After I explained to her the jeep wave she gets mad when others dont wave lol [/QUOTE]

^^ X2. My wfe backs me up on this. "What the hell? They didn't wave back." is the first thing she says if my wave isn't returned. Unfortunately, I get a lot of that here in central Florida. Oh well. I still wave.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would love it if the dealers would explain to people, if you buy this jeep you must wave at other jeeps....PERIOD! Lol. I wave at wranglers no matter the mod level. I hate when I wave at a modded jeep and they don't wave back.

Last edited by LordV8R; 01-10-2014 at 03:32 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

I try to wave to all Wranglers unless of course I just dont see them. I know alot of people here dont wave back, but its mostly the "soccer moms" lol. Oh well.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

I only wave to other Wranglers, modded or not. I have heard that others in TJs,YJs and CJs don't want to wave to JKs. I have owned all of those other Jeeps and I always waved to all Wranglers or CJs.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Reepo
After I explained to her the jeep wave she gets mad when others dont wave lol
^^ X2. My wfe backs me up on this. "What the hell? They didn't wave back." is the first thing she says if my wave isn't returned. Unfortunately, I get a lot of that here in central Florida. Oh well. I still wave.[/QUOTE]

i feel your pain on that one. I live in the tampa area and I will wave at every wrangler and the occastional XJ but they very rarely get returned.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jnr0104
I have noticed in the last 3 or so months, that about 40% of other Jeepers Wave ,or return a wave. Maybe Jeep needs to show the WAVE in their ad campaigns !
A 2014 JKU is my first 4x4 after years of being a motorcycle rider. I was pleasantly surprised, that I accidentally fell into another "wave" crowd. It would be really cool if Jeep made up some clever marketing....
Old 01-17-2014, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jeep wave

I try to wave to all JK's, CJ's, YJ's, and Wranglers. I also will include non stock Cherokees in the wave. However, having said that, I will always return the wave if coming from ANY Jeep.

I used to wave to ALL jeeps but received a lot of "deer in the headlight" response as most models other than the ones mentioned tend to be driven by socker moms or people not familiar with the wave tradition.

Around here lights are only flashed to alert the other driver of danger such as a road condition or police proximity.

Somewhat off topic....I have discovered that there is a significant difference in "Jeep people" and "people that happen to be driving a Jeep instead of their family sedan".

KG6SLC aka Eugene
Old 01-17-2014, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bellowsjeep
I only wave to other Wranglers, modded or not. I have heard that others in TJs,YJs and CJs don't want to wave to JKs. I have owned all of those other Jeeps and I always waved to all Wranglers or CJs.
I have owned two TJs and I have always waved at all jeeps heck my 5 y/o & 7 y/o usually see the jeep comin before me & we all wave but I have recently purchased a JKU & I don't get any waves anymore
Old 01-21-2014, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

i have a 93 yj lifted 37s bumper winch all modded out and i get waves and returned waves all the time..
have just purchased a 14 copperhead pearl unlimited and now i get no waves and no returned waves . i have actually started counting . 0 for1 0 for 2. just doesn't make much since. my lift rims and tires came in today so maybe when its lifted the waves will return.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:36 PM
JK Newbie

So far, I have not gotten many waves if any at all. It makes me sad. Maybe it's an Alaskan thing, because people definitely waved in Arkansas and Florida.

Quick Reply: Jeep wave????