Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

K-Point trail run pics (Oahu)

Old 11-21-2013, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K-Point trail run pics (Oahu)

Here are some more recent pictures from a recent K-Point run on Oahu! The three Jeeps here are:

1. 1989 YJ with a 3" spring lift and 33" all terrains. He has started to customize it with Intellitronix blue digital gauges, swapped out to a 1995 roll cage painted cobalt blue, bedlined the interior and working some other custom modifications.

2. 2008 Green Rubi with Gobi roof rack...more mods to come.

3. My Jeep "Addiction" - GenRight Armored, RIPP Supercharged, Rock Krawler 3.5" suspension, 50" LED and 20" LED, winch with Pro Link, Mickey Thompson classic locks, Pro Comp 315x70x17 MT2s, and a lot more to list.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

Old 11-21-2013, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

[URL=http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/TXROCK/media/K-Point%202013/1452353_537428429676220_2130239867_n.jpg.html]

Old 11-24-2013, 07:35 AM
JK Junkie

Looks like a fun time, thanks for sharing.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gman*2007
Looks like a fun time, thanks for sharing.

Sure thing! Next weekend will be taking another group up to the mountain trails to the camp grounds so they know where to go and get some great scenery and off-roading in. only 6 more months and mainland bound!
Old 11-30-2013, 04:44 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Awesome,beautiful jeeps in a beautiful place
Old 12-04-2013, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Disappointed

Now I'm all the more disappointed that we weren't able to hook up with you for a Jeep tour on the 23rd. We rented a Mustang convertible and toured the highways. I was too busy watching the road most of the time and we stopped at Romys for shrimp that wasn't as good as we expected. The best part of the tour was taking H3 over and through the mountains. If we get back to Oahu again I'll see if we can hook up.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Clark Collins
Now I'm all the more disappointed that we weren't able to hook up with you for a Jeep tour on the 23rd. We rented a Mustang convertible and toured the highways. I was too busy watching the road most of the time and we stopped at Romys for shrimp that wasn't as good as we expected. The best part of the tour was taking H3 over and through the mountains. If we get back to Oahu again I'll see if we can hook up.

These were from just before you came out for the vacation, and had a couple the beginning of November who were here from my hometown on a honeymoon and took them for a run as well. I was hoping work requirements would have canceled to show you around but didn't happen. Today will be the first time the Jeep's been used/ran since these photos.

I will be heading back to the mainland in May but if you check out the "Oahu Jeeps" and "Jeep Addicts United" pages on Facebook there are a lot of people here who can take you for a run on your next trip.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man - makes me miss Hawaii... I had a blast in my Jeep on Oahu - toss the boogies in the back and out to da beach! Got caught in pouring rain once while giving a buddy a tour of the island over in Kaneohe - laughed our asses off!

If you get out to the other islands - go for it. Definitely rent a Jeep on the Big Island - you'll be glad you did - especially if you go from Hilo side to Kona side around the aina - black sand and green sand beaches are truly beautiful but the "road" out to Green Sand beach is pretty rough.
(Probably would have been better had we rented one on Maui too now that I think about it). The drive up to Haleakala was ok in a convertible Mustang, but would have been better with the added height/visibility in a Jeep on the twisty road up.

Aloha!

Quick Reply: K-Point trail run pics (Oahu)