Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

The wave

Old 04-28-2016, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While driving my TJ I wave at all wranglers. Not all wave back. The wife calls me silly lol
But I keep waving. The best is when family's wave or the older couples give a simple wave. My TJ has some mods but nothing serious and never thought about the people who drive stock and keep it that way or the people who drive the heavily customs. To me it's just acknowledging we have a common interest. You will find out that if you drive a jeep and your broke down, chances are very high another jeep is going to check on ya. That's the community and proud to be a part of it.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Ohhhh.
I have a TJ and a JKUR HR now
Old 05-11-2016, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

It would be nice if the OP could at least comment on the answers to his question.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sixgun4559
I know this has been talk about many times here but one of my very good friends recently bought a TJ and I told him about "the wave" he responded with "that's dumb I'm not doing that". Needless to say I was offended and explained the rules which with a quick google search are readily available. He was still stubborn about it telling me "well send me your address and I'll send you a cliche sticker that says "it's a jeep thing you wouldn't understand" "
I responded with
I live on the corner of freedom ave and 'merica drv next to the statute of liberty you can't miss my house is flying a huge American flag. I know where your commie shack is right next to an ornamental hammer an cycle. Flying the commie flag,
My jeep will be proudly displayed there possibly on the lawn and even if I see another patriot jeep brethren pass by I will give the "jeep wave" to him or her for they understand they pain and love of owning a jeep. We as a jeep community choose 4 wheel drive boxes on wheels that get terrible gas mileage just because we want a vehicle with removable doors and a optional top. That's can trek through mud and crawl over rocks. The jeep is loud, bumpy, rattles, eats gas like it's going out of style, burns oil and yet we still love them. There will be some poser jeep owners who buy one because it "seemed like a good idea" and those people come and go but red blooded American jeepers wave and they wave proudly because this is america, they know the jeep had a hand in winning that freedom weather it was trekking though mine fields or being driven by Elvis the jeep was there. So go ahead and be a commie and don't return the wave. Because you already hate freedom and the American Dream.
"There's a special place in Prius hell for those jeepers who don't wave."(quoted from another Jeeper)
Maybe it is a jeep thing sir and you don't understand
Let me know what you guys think haha
(Btw he's not a commie, we both fought in Iraq together)
It is gay....like all the donor cycle dipshits who do it
Old 10-02-2017, 02:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I wave because it's old fashion courteous

I come from a small town (and no I am no English Major), where most knew there neighbors and people waved and said "good morning", "good afternoon", or "good evening" as a greeting proper of gentlemen with in a community.

In My Opinion I like to think that this might be away of Jeep trying to bring back just a little old fashion way of life to a much larger scale of community.

I wave but if you don't that's your right and yes I fought so we all can have those rights and views; and they don't have to be the same as mine after all that's your right and freedoms to do so.

everyone of us here has an Opinion or reason they choose too or not to wave and for me I liked to hear those reasons. I do think it's cool that from my experience most of us wave to each other as we pass, and for me it reminds me of home a place the military has rarely allowed for me to return. So thanks to those who may have waved to me, for brightening my day in a world often seems dark with demons at times and this simple jester becomes another reminder to keep fighting each day. at the end of the day a community has been born and for many I think that first time we realized the power of that community and the reach it has, finds us in amazement and I am proud and honored to be a part of it.

Quick Reply: The wave