Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Is The Wave dying?

Old 09-25-2019, 07:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Yes

I Jeep wave 99.9% of the jeeps I see and most do not wave back anymore only the JK people and older wave back, for the most part, it is those dang millennials that do not wave back but younger kids like 16,17, and 18 waves back but the dang 25-year-olds just don't care but if there is that old redneck man you know that he will wave back!
Old 10-01-2019, 12:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Still waving here, I get pretty good returns.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Not for them

Originally Posted by RedRubicon713
I Jeep wave 99.9% of the jeeps I see and most do not wave back anymore only the JK people and older wave back, for the most part, it is those dang millennials that do not wave back but younger kids like 16,17, and 18 waves back but the dang 25-year-olds just don't care but if there is that old redneck man you know that he will wave back!
em

Pretty much millennials like Jeep because of its rugged look especially if they would remove the doors but they just don't know the WAVE. Sad but true..sometimes I look at the driver first before waving.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

I just returned from a week in Honolulu. Rented a JK to drive while over there. Not one Jeep driver returned my wave. I think most of them were probably rentals
Old 02-11-2020, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

I just got my first jeep last week, and I wave to the CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, JL jeeps,
Old 04-21-2022, 02:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Still alive so far to me

That’s one of the things I love about the Jeep. I would always get a wave. I’d have ppl inside and I’d be like I know him, watch this guy wave at me. Sure enough I’d get a wave and of course wave back. The Jeep community is always helpful and sociable.
Old 10-16-2022, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

It's a mixed bag here in Los Angeles. Most of the wavers are guys. Only one female has ever waved back.
I like the wave. When I rode my motorcycle we riders always waved. If someone doesn't want to, no one's twisting their arm, but I like the community I feel in my jeep.
Old 10-16-2022, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I loved the wave from fellow jeepers lol
As others have said it’s like a family. I’ve stopped on the road at times to get something from the back or the cooler and had other jeep owners stop and ask if I needed help. It’s a great community that I miss because sadly I sold the jeep and got a wrx which funny enough has the wave as well🤣
Old 11-17-2022, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeep_Bandit
Jeep newb here......as of Friday 9/20 and have gotten quite a few 'waves' in a short time. I'd say over half the wranglers I pass wave
Just got mine a few weeks ago and had at least three waves on the way home from the dealer. As a first gen Mini Cooper owner it was a fun surprise cause the early Mini crowd does it too..

Quick Reply: Is The Wave dying?