Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

1977 Royce CB

Old 11-22-2011, 06:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rpaulson
yes you can
Oh and btw......I know you would think so because even on our HAM bands the rule is to use as little amount of power to make the contact or carry on a qso. But the Feds REALLY won't trust us to keep the power down on the CB freqs. Thus.....no using a HAM radio to transmit on 11m.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Default She TRANSMITS

I found my old scanner and set it to channel 14. Lo and behold my 34 yr old CB transmits. I could not believe the clarity and output strength. My dogs would look first at the scanner and then at me I want to thank everyone for their inputs and suggestions. AKADave I really appreciate all the information you have provided. I think I may have the shortwave bug My next step is to order a good antenna and mount. Also, I may try to get my FCC license. Any pointers AKADave?

I hope all you JKer's have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving
Old 11-23-2011, 07:38 PM
JK Jedi

Excellent...!!! I had a feeling that old gal would still be talkin'......lol. Believe it or not I talk to HAM ops that still use vintage gear that is well over 50 years old and still going strong.

If you think you may want to get "into" have radio.......and the "shortwave bug" has bitten you.....lol, look for a local HAM radio club in your city (phone book). And/or go to http://www.arrl.org/ and take a look around.

Now that morse code is no longer required, it is REALLY easy to get your Tech license. Then if you find you enjoy it and want to do more, then study up for your General, and Extra. Some try to get the General class license right away because that's where the doors REALLY open up for you.

And Happy Gobble Gobble Day to you too...!!!

Last edited by AK4Dave; 11-23-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Quick Reply: 1977 Royce CB