Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Is this all?

Old 05-11-2009, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this all?

Okay, I finally made up my mind and ordered. I ordered a Uniden PRO538, 3' Firestik, and Firering coax. I plan on mounting the CB on the side of the console on the passenger side. The antenna will go in the spare tire carrier for now.

Is that all I need? My first trail ride is Memorial Day, so I got to get this working before then. And I'm traveling next week, so I need to do this right the first time.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

just mounted my Cobra 29 LTD BT with the 3' firestik and 18' coax. You will need every bit of it. I mounted my radio on the dash and it barley made it. If you get the terflex rear tire carrirer antenna mount like I did, you will need to grind off the power coat or run a ground wire. You need good metal to metal contact on the mounting hardware. I would also you get a firestik quick disco if you are going to mount in that spot.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:56 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by notenuftoys
... The antenna will go in the spare tire carrier for now. ...
You may need a bracket to do that, and you may also need a feedthrough for the coax to the antenna. Also, if you need to cut off the end of a pre-made RF cable to feed it through the tailgate, you'll need a new connector to replace the one you cut off. And you'll need whatever tools/materials for the style connector you chose (I recommend solder vice crimp for this particular connector). BTW: If you have a four-door, I recommend a twenty-foot RF cable.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

The only thing that is missing from your list is a bracket for the antenna and a stud mount for the antenna and the fire ring to connect.

Here is a picture from Firestik's website:

Quick Reply: Is this all?