Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Anyone mounted their CB here?

Old 03-26-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone mounted their CB here?

Anyone mount their CB by the shifters on the driver side? (pics would be great)

I am trying to figure out where to put one. I was going to put it on the dash, but I heard it would screw up the compass. Coming from a sailing background I hate to mess up compasses.

I don't want to mount it overhead.

The center console might work if it will fit. I am probably getting the cobra 25.

Any other suggestions?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was able to mount my CB on the dash and didn't screwup the compass. Used industrial strength velcro and held the CB up with the bracket and kept an even gap under it. Last weekend I drove over 700 miles round trip and wheeled. The CB didn't even budge a bit. Just an option...

Old 03-26-2009, 08:36 PM
JK Freak

If you haven't bought it yet you may want to concider the Cobra 75 and mount it inside the dash behind the glove box. It is nice with the top off. no one knows it is there.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:54 PM
JK Super Freak

You can also mount it on the side of the console, drivers side is usually better since you can reach everything without the shifters getting in the way. makes for a clean wiring setup also. At that location you should be able to hear the speaker well.

If you want an extenal speaker go to boaters world and get a "hailer". They are going out of business and everything is on sale at reduced prices.

Quick Reply: Anyone mounted their CB here?