Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

can anyone in NJ help me out?

Old 03-13-2014, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can anyone in NJ help me out?

About a week ago I installed a Midland 1001LWX in my jeep. I used a teraflex style bracket, a firestik 3' firefly antenna, 18' fire ring coax, firestik stud, and spring. I grounded everything, including the tailgate. My SWR reading on Channel 1 and 40 average around 1.7. The NOAA channels work, I pick up conversations on the highway on the way to work, but anytime I try and get a mic check to test my set up, I get no response. Maybe the truckers are just assholes...but I'm starting to worry there is something wrong with my set up. I have a cobra 19DXIV in my XJ, but it's been years since I used it (my gf drives it) and I don't know how it works lately. All I do know was I couldn't hear anything from her radio and she couldn't hear me... Before I try to get down to White Dotte Radio or start redoing her radio set up, is anyone available to meet up somewhere and had a working radio I can check my system against? It'd make it easier to diagnose issues if any, against a known working set up. I live in Brick, NJ and work in Yardville. If anyone can spare a few minutes, I'll meet ya somewhere...

Quick Reply: can anyone in NJ help me out?