Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Cb kit

Old 01-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cb kit

Does anyone make or sale a complete bundle with a pre wired harness, radio, mount, tuner and firestick for the jk I want/ need a cb bad but have no idea about set up a kit of this nature would be fantastic..... My main requirement is access to weather radio. My Harley had this stock idk why jeep doesn't incorporate this
Old 01-23-2015, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like my friends over at Northridge 4X4 have got just what you are asking about.
Cobra 75WXST CB, 18' Coax Cable, & Firestick Package (PKG_CB)
Old 01-23-2015, 06:40 PM
Former Member

Is that everything I need like ready to go plug and play? And is this a good radio that will have a good range?
Old 01-24-2015, 05:27 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Originally Posted by karmynsbeep
Is that everything I need like ready to go plug and play? And is this a good radio that will have a good range?
Cobra has been around for many years,it's a great radio.Range is always limited,for greater range and power look at HAM
Old 01-24-2015, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here you go check this out. http://www.rightchannelradios.com/eq...-cb-radio.html

The first CB kit on that list is what i started with in my jeep. I have changed it up a little bit but still using a lot of it.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:55 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Grubbicon
Here you go check this out. http://www.rightchannelradios.com/eq...-cb-radio.html The first CB kit on that list is what i started with in my jeep. I have changed it up a little bit but still using a lot of it.

This seems like the way to go... For a novice thanks I wasn't crazy about the external speaker purely due to the looks of it where is yours mounted? Is there a way to tie it into the stereo
Old 01-24-2015, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karmynsbeep
This seems like the way to go... For a novice thanks I wasn't crazy about the external speaker purely due to the looks of it where is yours mounted? Is there a way to tie it into the stereo
I wondered that same thing about tying into the stereo but i have no clue. I have actually changed my cb itself so I dont use the speaker anymore. When I used it though I just rigged it very crappy and then just took it out when I was done because I never found a good place for it.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I changed to this Click image for larger version

Name:	image-217702201.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	593455 Its a Cobra 29 LTD Classic. Thats the best picture I had of it there. I kinda liked it mountain there on the dash but im putting a cage in my jeep right now so when im done im gonna be mounting it up on the cage over head.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

CoolTech has a great setup

CB All-in-One Kit - CoolTechLLC
Old 01-26-2015, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

I recently got the cooltech kit. I was very happy with it. It had everything needed and the mic mount is perfect.

Quick Reply: Cb kit