Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

CB Radio Mounting

Old 06-15-2008, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll have to post up some pics of my install, I have a Yaesu FT7800R (Ham) with the control head mounted on top of the dash with the mic mounted on the passenger side of the radio stack, and the main radio mounted in the cubby behind the rear seat.

My CB is a Midland 1001Z mounted on the driver's side of the center console with the mic attached to the radio and Powerpoles on the power cord so that I can take it out when I'm not on the trail.

For the Ham radio I have an Dual Band glass mount on the top corner, passenger side of the windshield. For the CB I'm running a 4' Firestick on an angle bracket mounted to the spare tire holder (I need to make a new bracket here, but this one works for now).
Old 06-17-2008, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

do you think a cb would fit in the glove box?
Old 06-17-2008, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm sure that some of the smaller Uniden, Midland or radio shack cbs might fit, but why would you want to waste all of the space in your glove box on a CB. Plus it would be a pain in the ass to open the glove box to change channels and adjust volume..ect. If you get one of the smaller CBs you can mount it just like Eddie has done in the write ups.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...nd-model-1001z
Old 06-18-2008, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

i just bought a tuffy overhead console for my cb, i should be receiving it tomorrow.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did the same ting with my 75...

Thought i did break my shift boot trying to get to the wires behind the crontrols...

Quick Reply: CB Radio Mounting