Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

HAM and CB mounting

Old 02-19-2017, 09:26 AM
BME
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, I'm going to go with a rear mount then. What brand of mounts did you go with and which are better than others? Also I love the Breedlove mounts, good eye! I originally purchased one with a backing plate but didn't like the bulky look over the rear fender. I ended up fabricating a long mounting plate behind the sheet metal to absorb the wind shock on the sheet metal.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BME
Thank you, I'm going to go with a rear mount then. What brand of mounts did you go with and which are better than others? Also I love the Breedlove mounts, good eye! I originally purchased one with a backing plate but didn't like the bulky look over the rear fender. I ended up fabricating a long mounting plate behind the sheet metal to absorb the wind shock on the sheet metal.
I have the EVO Tailgate mounts. They are the only manufacturer that makes one for the drivers and passenger side.

I am using the Breedlove mount for my HF antenna. Originally I had it mounted on the fender with the backing plate but a tree hit it once and dimpled the sheetmetal. My repair was to install the AEV corners and now it is solid as a rock. I actually rubbed against a tree last year that wiped the fender and the tail light off but the antenna was still standing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-02-19 20.49.06.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	666929

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-02-19 20.40.25.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	4.56 MB
ID:	666928
Old 02-19-2017, 06:17 PM
BME
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks good. I think I will plastidip mine black also. I'm going to HRO tomorrow, after looking at yours I think I might use the ball mount for the Ham antenna and put the CB in back. After reading the entire forum it makes more sense for the Ham Channels to have the better ground plane, rather than the CB!! Now I'm looking at different radios. I have a 2 Meter Motorola,but I think I want a dual band Yeasu. Let's see how much I spend at HRO.

Quick Reply: HAM and CB mounting