Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

JK Hardtop RFI Tip

Old 06-06-2013, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Hardtop RFI Tip

So I've had my CB in the Jeep for awhile now, but every few times I keyed up I noticed a tiny bit of interference coming through my speakers when the stereo was powered up. I would always freak out and assume it was an issue with my antenna match, bonding connection, etc, but it always remained the same. This type of interference is always worse when you run on AM vs. SSB, and is worse with more and more power (especially if you are using a dirty linear). This is when I decided to do some investigating. After a bunch of disconnecting of wires, moving coax, removing the soundbar I found the solution!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0383.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	465366Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0382.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	465367

Make sure you peel back the sheathing over the bare wires before you clip it on. There wasn't enough slack to do turns through the choke and the one I bought wouldn't have been big enough, but clipping it right to the wires proved to be adequate. My guess is that the rear defroster but I didn't isolate the wiring to find out.

Parts Required: Radioshack #273-105

Quick Reply: JK Hardtop RFI Tip