Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

More CB and Antenna Mount Pics/options

Old 05-14-2009, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by notenuftoys
Valid point, toad. Mine has a front facing speaker,
X2. I can hear mine well enough.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something that I did was run a male to male 1/8" cabel from the ext speaker to the AUX on my MyGIG. The sound quality is not great and it is MONO, but you get it through 3 speakers.

I have not found that I need to use this yet though, might only be an issue when on the highway with the top off. Because mine is mounted on the dash, the sound from the internal speaker bounces off the windshield and is very loud.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

No problems hearing mine at half volume with the top off and radio on. It in the first post of the TRC-447 mounted down on the console. Just depends on the speaker in your CB, but I doubt most will have an issue hearing it.

Also, my radio is slightly bigger than a Cobra 29, so no reason you can't put a 29 down there if you want.

-wwiifirearms
Old 05-17-2009, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

This does not work with a larger CB radio, but I bought a small Cobra CB from Wal Mart that will bolt up here using the stock bolt from the center console. No drilling. As for the CB, it doesnt have all the bell and whisles as some others but it does its job as long as you tune it right.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just finished this installation of my Uniden PRO538W yesterday, still need to get it tuned. But I installed it on the passenger side, and the seat has be all the way back. This is how it normally is, though, so it's not a problem. I built a metal plate (got the idea from Preacher ), so it's easy to remove it completely, and there's no holes drilled.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by notenuftoys
I just finished this installation of my Uniden PRO538W yesterday, still need to get it tuned. But I installed it on the passenger side, and the seat has be all the way back. This is how it normally is, though, so it's not a problem. I built a metal plate (got the idea from Preacher ), so it's easy to remove it completely, and there's no holes drilled.
Looks good!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Just got my Cobra 29 mounted. I went with the center console mount and used the cooltech ultramount for my 4' firestik. Thanks to the forum member that came up with the switch location that I used...I love the look of it!

Old 06-01-2009, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by absoluttorque
I just bought the same CB and mounted it in the same spot this weekend, also picked up the ultra mount, works great and the CB looks awesome mounted there, I feel like the border patrol. The coolest this is having an SWR meter built into the CB, the lighting on it at night isn't bad either

Although I'm worried leaving it mounted there that some dude will break in and steal it because it's shiny even though they don't know what it is
x2 on the SWR meter! Im also worried about the theft thing. Thinking hard about leaving the doors unlocked so at least (knock on wood) they wouldnt slice my windows. Replacing one of those would cost more than replacing the CB! Anyways, good choice on mount...I love mine
Old 06-01-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bluetooth feature

Have you used the bluetooth feature on the cb? wondering how it works

Last edited by ConroeJK; 06-01-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: forgot a title, duh
Old 06-01-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ConroeJK

Have you used the bluetooth feature on the cb? wondering how it works
Funny you ask because I was JUST outside testing it out! On my end, it sounds great. I can hear the other caller very clear. However, I was told that I was breaking up a bit...not sure if this has to do with tuning or what Im going to mess around with it a bit more, but for right now, my only complaint is that the mic does not have speaker type capability. I was hoping to be able to keep the mic on a versamount and talk on the phone. Judging by the testing I did tonight, the mic has to be fairly close to your mouth for the other person to hear you. Ill post an update once I tweak the settings, etc.

Quick Reply: More CB and Antenna Mount Pics/options