Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

New Offroad HAM Yahoo Group - Come Join!

Old 03-09-2012, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Offroad HAM Yahoo Group - Come Join!

Hello Everyone,

There is a new Offroadham Yahoo Group by and for Offroad & HAM enthusiasts. It just started and is growing quickly. Please come join, post your name, callsign and pictures or your rigs! We will also be starting an HF Weekly Net to discuss anything & everything regarding Offroad & HAM Radio. Hopefully, we can make some new friends and coordinate some group rides.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/offroadham

73s
Ron, K4ORV
Old 03-09-2012, 06:05 PM
JK Jedi

Excellent...!!! You may not have been around back then, but we here also tried a net. Got some interest, but just not enough. Hopefully these yahoo folks will have the amount of time, and people, that it takes to have a consistent, ongoing net.

Good Luck...!!!

PS....you need to go to my "Show your Avatar Full Size" thread and post up. Looks like a GREAT pic....!!!

Last edited by AK4Dave; 03-09-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Hey Dave,

I was not aware of that but, given some of the logistics that we have been reviewing, it will take some trial and error. I am confident we can make it work as we have some very bright people working on this and excited to see it work. We have several different ways of making this happen through HF, Linked Repeaters, D-Star, Echolink, phone patch and/or combinations of these. Besides, how much fun will it be to get together with others who enjoy discussing Offroading and HAM Radio.

Please feel free to join in with us!

73s
Ron, K4ORV
Kilo 4 Oscar Romeo Victor
or
Kentucky 4 Off Road Vehicle
Old 03-13-2012, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I'm getting excited. The net is coming together. Soon the off road Ham group will be on the air !
Old 03-13-2012, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Default First HF Net is this Friday 03/16/2012 at 0100 UTC / GMT on 40m / 7 MHz

Okay everyone,

The first OffroadHam HF Net is this Friday 03/16/12 at 0100 UTC / GMT on 40 meters / 7 MHz. The exact frequency will be announced soon. To participate, go to:

www.offroadham.com sign up and sign in - it is FREE and should be FUN!

73s
K4ORV
Old 03-17-2012, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default OffroadHAM - First HF Net was a great success! Come Join.

Hey Everyone,

Our first HF Net was a great success; HF Point to Point on 40meters, Chat Room & Live Video/Audio Stream. Come check it out at www.offroadham.com!

73s
Ron, K4ORV
Old 03-17-2012, 10:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default great fun

Originally Posted by rndjeep
Hey Everyone,

Our first HF Net was a great success; HF Point to Point on 40meters, Chat Room & Live Video/Audio Stream. Come check it out at www.offroadham.com!

73s
Ron, K4ORV
It was a great net, even if you couldn't pull me out of the mud. The Ustreaming was really cool. I had never seen that before and I plan on trying to use it for our local nets. Thanks for turning me on to that. Hopefully the bands will be better next week and I will be able to join in.
Good job to all who worked on it.
Mike
W7MCM

Quick Reply: New Offroad HAM Yahoo Group - Come Join!