Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Noise on HF

Old 03-11-2009, 07:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N2MWL
The deal on the 7k fell thru, but I am high bidder on a 756Pro for the house...I'm going to give Tarheel a call when I get home later today and see what they say about Jeep noise..Looks like a Tarheel will be my antenna of choice for the JK..
Too bad about the 7k. I had a Pro for awhile in the shack while I was taking my "radio journey" as i call it. They are good rigs, and pretty popular for sure. I'm just not that into "eye candy", altho the scope is nice, I just wasn't that into it. But I think the main reason is I like bigger radios for the shack. The Pro is pretty small as a base, which makes all the knobs and stuff even smaller. It's just a matter of preference tho.
Good luck....
Old 03-12-2009, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Too bad about the 7k. I had a Pro for awhile in the shack while I was taking my "radio journey" as i call it. They are good rigs, and pretty popular for sure. I'm just not that into "eye candy", altho the scope is nice, I just wasn't that into it. But I think the main reason is I like bigger radios for the shack. The Pro is pretty small as a base, which makes all the knobs and stuff even smaller. It's just a matter of preference tho.
Good luck....
Got out bid......
Old 04-28-2009, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Any luck yet Pete?
Well today I received 10 Mix 31 split beads from DX Engineering, .525" I.D. I put one on each of the three short ignition wires (the driver's side ones), and one at each end of the long wires (the passenger side ones). So I used 9 beads. This suppressed the ignition noise about 2 S-units on 40 meters. So maybe S-7 rather than S-9. So there you go. Worth the $50? Nope. Fun to experiment with this stuff, though.

Pete AA8L
Old 04-29-2009, 03:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by petrus
Well today I received 10 Mix 31 split beads from DX Engineering, .525" I.D. I put one on each of the three short ignition wires (the driver's side ones), and one at each end of the long wires (the passenger side ones). So I used 9 beads. This suppressed the ignition noise about 2 S-units on 40 meters. So maybe S-7 rather than S-9. So there you go. Worth the $50? Nope. Fun to experiment with this stuff, though.

Pete AA8L
Sorry you didn't get better results, we appreciate your input !!
Old 04-29-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by petrus

Pete AA8L
Well that's a drag. You might want to call Amidon and see what they say. Tell them what you have now and see if they have any suggestions. This is pretty much all these people deal with.
Good Luck....

Quick Reply: Noise on HF