Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Problem playing MP3's

Old 05-17-2007, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would not be surprised if the VBR does cause issues. My older MP3 players choke on VBR.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

Am not sure what VBR is...amyways, all tracks are mp3, gotta check the file names, great suggestions guys, hope one of them/ all of them work...
Old 05-17-2007, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by myfirstjeep
Am not sure what VBR is...amyways, all tracks are mp3, gotta check the file names, great suggestions guys, hope one of them/ all of them work...
Varible Bit Rate - Meaning the encoded bit rate can be different in the same file.

Can confuse some software.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Magister
I would not be surprised if the VBR does cause issues. My older MP3 players choke on VBR.
Originally Posted by myfirstjeep
Originally Posted by Magister
Varible Bit Rate - Meaning the encoded bit rate can be different in the same file.

Can confuse some software.
Nope..no problems. All my mp3s (~7500) are V0/APX vbr...work like a champ. Only problem I've run into is some of my tags are a bad version..and the player won't show the song name. I burn at full speed 52x...verbatim media.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Default quick fix

using itunes hilight all your mp3's and under advanced go to convert ID3 tag and convert to V 1.0 on all your MP3's and then your factory radio in your jeep will play any of the song's in itunes you burn
Old 05-17-2007, 05:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by goofybutsane
using itunes hilight all your mp3's and under advanced go to convert ID3 tag and convert to V 1.0 on all your MP3's and then your factory radio in your jeep will play any of the song's in itunes you burn
I prefer mp3tag myself. But itunes works too.

Quick Reply: Problem playing MP3's