Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Throat microphones

Old 03-11-2009, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throat microphones

I got a Cobra 29 and I drive about 99% of the time with my doors off. on the last trip I went on ever one just about could not here me because of all the wind nose that my mic pics up. I was thinking about getting a throat mic but I dont know what it would plug in to my 4 pin mic plug on my Cobra 29. they all seem to have a headphone like jack on them. is there an adpater or is there a mic that has a 4 pin Cobra plug?

cobra.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=32 0&category_ID=30

Last edited by ChevyM14; 03-11-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyM14
I got a Cobra 29 and I drive about 99% of the time with my doors off. on the last trip I went on ever one just about could not here me because of all the wind nose that my mic pics up. I was thinking about getting a throat mic but I dont know what it would plug in to my 4 pin mic plug on my Cobra 29. they all seem to have a headphone like jack on them. is there an adpater or is there a mic that has a 4 pin Cobra plug?

cobra.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=32 0&category_ID=30
Not familar with the throat mics. But there are LOTS of mics that have 4 pin plugs. You may have to rewire them to match your radio but it will probably be worth it. You probably just need a better quality mic. Astatic makes some real good mics. The transisterized one I had was called a 575-M6...??? Real nice mic that sounded great. As far as what it might do for wind......I don't know as I ran it with a base rig.
Good Luck.....

Quick Reply: Throat microphones