Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

08 Wrangler Codes

Old 07-29-2018, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Wrangler Codes

Jeep started having issues with starting and I assumed it was the battery (replaced it a few months ago), then was getting low battery warnings so tested the alternator and it was toast (replaced two days ago). then gave the jeep back to my Daughter who drove it all of 10 mins and said that the instrument panel lit up like a Christmas tree and she lost the speedometer. She pulled into a parking lot and it would not restart. The next morning I was able to start the jeep and drive it home about 2 miles away but about halfway through the drive back same situation above happened lights and no speedometer. It finally stalled out about 10 feet from my shop door.
Just pulled codes from the Zurich ZR11 and they are:
U1110 Stored
U1120 Stored
P0573 Pending Back switch 1 stuck off
U1110 Pending Lost Vehicle Speed
U1120 Pending Lost wheel Distance
U1412 Pending Implausible Vehicle Speed Signal
P0562 Pending Battery Voltage low (Which is odd because it is testing fine)

this is making me think the ECM/PCM is bad or a bad bus. Not really sure what to check next. Thanks in advance
Old 07-29-2018, 03:00 PM
JK Newbie

Relays were clicking in the fuse box with the key out of ignition after completing code check. disconnected negative terminal and charged battery. While charging i checked ground connections. all connections were tight and clean however when ahead and took them apart and scrubbed and tightened again. Took connections off PCM and cleaned via CRC electronic pin cleaner. Attempted to do the battery test via code reader however it would only start two of the three attempts. Something is draining the battery quickly.

Would the TIPM have these symptoms listed above?
Old 07-29-2018, 04:36 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts
Lightbulb

The ground that's often suspected bad is on the engine block, passenger side, near the knock sensor. I remade this connection while the trans was out for clutch replacement, but it's otherwise hard to get to. Some have run an additional ground wire from bat neg to the alternator bracket and the symptoms went away, which isn't a bad test. Try a search for ground alternator bracket for more info.

The following users liked this post:
Eodtexan (08-08-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you Mr T. I did find that the ground you mentioned was very corroded. I was able to clean it and get it reattached.

I would also also add that I found out that my mysterious power drain was become some shade tree mechanic chose not to reattach the alternator push connector. There are days I wonder why I do this and that is probably something I should have taken to the grave. Lol. Thanks again

Quick Reply: 08 Wrangler Codes