Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2008 guys with Mygig and Manuals Tranny- I need your help!

Old 02-24-2008, 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just checked mine and the DVD doesn't play the video.........AND I HAVE A AUTOMATIC.........WHAT GIVES?????

08 Sahara automatic
Old 02-25-2008, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I still have heard nothing from my dealership. I will be seeing them tomorrow, especially because my unti has now lost Nav access, and I don't seem to be able to access my hard drive for music. AM/FM/Sat/Disc all work, but no mp3 music or Nav. Can't access either...
Old 02-25-2008, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gloworm19
I still have heard nothing from my dealership. I will be seeing them tomorrow, especially because my unti has now lost Nav access, and I don't seem to be able to access my hard drive for music. AM/FM/Sat/Disc all work, but no mp3 music or Nav. Can't access either...
You'll be getting a new radio. The hard drive has failed.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just got the new Jeep 2 weeks ago. I tested the DVD/Movie thing just for fun and it played with no issues in PARK. If I went into gear I only had sound.
FYI - FW 9.6XXX auto trans.

My kids got a kick out of it. They wanted to sit in the Jeep and keep watching the move.

I am not really sure when you would use this, maby if the wife is in a store and you are trapped in the Jeep with the kids in a parkig lot???
Old 02-25-2008, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

2008 JK Unlimited - manual - No DVD playback at all. I was waiting for the update DVD to be available from service and I can bring it in for them to update because I too have an issue with the HDD based music playing (popping and snaping on the bass). If the problem isn't resolved I'll buy they MyGig lockpick that unlocks that functionality and send the bill to Chrysler.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ted_Grevers
You'll be getting a new radio. The hard drive has failed.

Yup... stopped by and they checked it out. Hard drive is a goner... new one will be in next week.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dusmmdb
I just checked mine and the DVD doesn't play the video.........AND I HAVE A AUTOMATIC.........WHAT GIVES?????

08 Sahara automatic
You bought your Jeep in Oregon before moving to Louisiana. Due to state law, Jeeps sold in Oregon have video disabled. A dealer in Louisiana should be able to enable the video for you. I'm not sure what the cost would be, if anything at all.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

watching a movie???...gez..I have the mygig..but I too would rather wait until I get at least to the campsite...and then..it WOULD be in park WITH the e-brake..no worries
Old 02-26-2008, 06:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07crawler
watching a movie???...gez..I have the mygig..but I too would rather wait until I get at least to the campsite...and then..it WOULD be in park WITH the e-brake..no worries
Problem is that the DVD video is not working on the manual trans even with the Jeep in Neutral, not moving and the parking brake on.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

Default No Video

All 2008 6-Speeds have Video Disabled When Parked or Not
Some 2008 Automatics may not have Video due to State restrictions.
All Stock 2007-2008's have Video Disabled when in Motion.

No 2007-2008's have u-Connect factory enabled.

$400 and about 2 hours of time later, using plug & play products, I have:

- fully enabled u-Connect Bluetooth Functionality
- Voice Recognition switched back on
- DVD Video (even while in Motion)
- Rear AUX input w/Video In
- Backup Camera input that automatically switches active when I put it in reverse
- Video out for Rear Monitor (or, as I use it to run a Projector when camping)
- Completly unlocked Navigation input while in motion

I have also updated my Gracenotes DataBase to 881, giving much better disk recognition.

The software upgrade proccess is easy. There are seveal threads about it. Once you burn the CD (OS Update) or DVD (GraceNotes update) you just pop it in the Unit and follow the prompts.

Quick Reply: 2008 guys with Mygig and Manuals Tranny- I need your help!