Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2010 RER in 2013 RES with Uconnect

Old 03-10-2015, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a little update, nothing major. I installed the navigation antenna in my a-pillar, next to the factory mic location up top. It works very well there, I normally see 6-7 satellites. The directions even come up on the driver display, so I know the canbus system is communicating with the RER.

I checked all the pins, and they are nice and tight so I still do not know why the vc/uconnect buttons do not work on my steering wheel (maybe the vin association will help because the town and country did not have those buttons on the steering wheel in 2010?).

The lockpick installation could not get any easier. I installed my backup camera, and it works great with the lockpick/RER combo. In-motion address input works well too, my gf was messing around with it on our way to Wegman's.

My parts finally came in for the heated mirror recall, so when I schedule the appointment at the dealership for that, I will have the RER associated with my VIN to get rid of the Chrysler splash screen and hopefully communicate with my vc/uconnect buttons on my steering wheel.

For sound quality, I found out that the RER has both digital preamp pins for the stock amp, and non amplified pins for the non amplified sound system. The pins that are being used depends on which option your Jeep comes with from the factory. Therefore, I should be able to tap into the RER's non amplified output lines to my aftermarket amp's high level inputs.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mygig rer install success!

Hey guys, great news! I noticed my gracenotes software and my rer system application software was out of date. I followed the posts on this forum, burned all the software and installed it accordingly. Took a total of 45 minutes to update both. Instead of wasting gas, I put my trickle charger on the jeep and kept the ignition in the on position. As soon as the system application was installed, the rer radio restarted. Bam! Jeep splash screen and all my steering wheel controls work, including the hands-free answering and voice recognition! Sound seems to be back at par with original 130. So now I have 100% functionality from the radio, debunking the myth that there was a different high speed canbus between the 07-10 and 11+ model years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RER_System_Update.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	602684Click image for larger version

Name:	RER_jeep_background.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	602683

Last edited by Dmjr228; 03-23-2015 at 06:15 AM. Reason: posting from my phone...typos

Quick Reply: 2010 RER in 2013 RES with Uconnect