Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2011 iPod controls?

Old 03-07-2011, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 iPod controls?

Is anyone else having problems with their iPod controls? My USB port in the center console is not working at all now.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

yes i have the same issue in my 11 sahara WITH CONNECTIVITY GROUP...ipod usb connect dosnt work at all, wireless audio streaming via bluetooth streams at too fast of a rate and seems to skip through entire songs and you cannot listen to it, also it has an option to send and recieve SMS messages and i cannot get this feature to work as well....looking around on the internet others are having the same problem and calling chrysler and uconnect company with all different answers but no resolve...ive started a few threads on this issue but noone even replies.....bugs the hell out of me....HELP US!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

did your usb port ever work?....please test the other features i mentioned and let me know
Old 03-07-2011, 09:42 AM
JK Newbie

I am having all the same issues here. Have been searching the web and these forums and no resolution either.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mldsrt4
did your usb port ever work?....please test the other features i mentioned and let me know
Yes it worked fine for the first month or two then it started taking a few minutes to connect. Now it won't connect at all through the console it will charge through the USB on the face of the radio though. I will try the Bluetooth when I get off work and see if it still works. I had my wife take it to the dealer last week and they said apple and chrysler are working on patch.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Emezas
I am having all the same issues here. Have been searching the web and these forums and no resolution either.
is yours 2011 as well?
Old 03-07-2011, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by zma08
Yes it worked fine for the first month or two then it started taking a few minutes to connect. Now it won't connect at all through the console it will charge through the USB on the face of the radio though. I will try the Bluetooth when I get off work and see if it still works. I had my wife take it to the dealer last week and they said apple and chrysler are working on patch.
just to clarify, my bluetooth phone options work perfect except for streaming music through bluetooth and sms messaging
Old 03-07-2011, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah mine is a 2011. The Bluetooth was working for streaming music the sound quality sucked that way. I haven't tried Bluetooth lately but I will.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was able to get my iPhone to work with my 2011 Wrangler via the USB cable. Had to downgrade the phone's OS to the 3.2.x software instead of 4.2.x

Google it, there are discussions on other websites about Jeep/Chrysler radios and iPod/Phone connection problems.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Blendo
I was able to get my iPhone to work with my 2011 Wrangler via the USB cable. Had to downgrade the phone's OS to the 3.2.x software instead of 4.2.x

Google it, there are discussions on other websites about Jeep/Chrysler radios and iPod/Phone connection problems.
I'll check it out thanks.

Quick Reply: 2011 iPod controls?